Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

They are not cheap, they are the real deal though. Alot of commercial worm castings you buy is simply compost with some worms through them. Big Bio are real, pure worm castings. Also, it aint cheap producing commercial quantities of worm castings at scale in an urban setting... As our processes improve, the cost will come down though. Food waste is from local council restaurants and coffee grinds in beds of mature compost. The food waste is dried in rapid composting units before being fed to worms to ensure destruction o any potential pathogenic organisms...

Okay but still need to be sent a Sample to some growers as testing, do you agree ?

This community can tell you and see that is great medium to grow in [emoji106] as I can’t make it to Epping unfortunately... sorry

• Upvote 1

Okay but still need to be sent a Sample to some growers as testing, do you agree ?

This community can tell you and see that is great medium to grow in [emoji106] as I can’t make it to Epping unfortunately... sorry

Happy to provide a sample to someone on the forum here that wants to document it. Free pickup too of course... Might have to cover freight if u need it shipped though. I would suggest using minimum 25L soil per plant, apply a good mulch layer as well. Cheers

They are not cheap, they are the real deal though. Alot of commercial worm castings you buy is simply compost with some worms through them. Big Bio are real, pure worm castings. Also, it aint cheap producing commercial quantities of worm castings at scale in an urban setting... As our processes improve, the cost will come down though. Food waste is from local council restaurants and coffee grinds in beds of mature compost. The food waste is dried in rapid composting units before being fed to worms to ensure destruction o any potential pathogenic organisms...

Hi DNG 

i'm a big fan of organic no till growing , i've been spruiking organic methods on oz stoners forums for a few years now 

it's a wonder i haven't been told to bugga off yet lol

i very much appreciate the cost involved , i have also been chasing my own amendments 

for many years & very aware of the cost of doing that without a central point to go to 

i think it's about bloody time companies like yours are starting up , saving me 

the run around , i also understand without support from communities like this , prices 

will always be high , so i wish you well & will def support your products where i can 

& hope the community here will do the same  

as far as big bio worm castings go ,i have purchased them in the past in my local area 

they def look the goods , sifted through a screen , they worked well , never used them 

to make a tea out of them though , but worked as well as some others i've purchased

within a mix 

some of those castings came from fishing worm producers which i see a few of , i rang one of them once to find out what they were

feeding there worms & was told , pig shit & dried dog food = how's that for a quality production method 

i find the word " Organic or 100% Organic " used a bit when maybe it shouldn't be like the 

worm castings from the fishing worm producer , he had organic all over the bag , but is it ?

i have 2 bags of " organic " compost here that i won't use because they are partly made with 

consumers old garden pots of soil , which could be anything & sprayed with anything 

but it's " organic " , it's in big letters on the bag 

we know glyphosate hangs round for a bit of time , from a few days to around a year

unfortunately we can't test what we produce at the moment to find out if the composts 

we purchase or make have any nasty's getting through to our final product , which is 1 of the reason 

i asked what the worms are being fed & where is it coming from , if the complete chain 

is truly organic i don't believe you'd have a need for rapid composting units to help protect

against any possible pathogens , although it prob quickens the process at the same time 

in saying that , what would i know , i've never produced castings on a commercial scale 

you use malted barley in your mix , so do i , took me some time to find organically produced 

barley , what about you guys how did you guys go finding organically produced barley for your soil mix ?

we're pretty much on the coot mix , i'm assuming you know of clackamas coot & buildasoil.com 

anyways DNG i wish you well & hope to pop in & see you in Tullamarine sometime ,

your not to far from where i live in pascoe vale 

Edited by itchybromusic
  • Upvote 1

Hi DNG 

i'm a big fan of organic no till growing , i've been spruiking organic methods on oz stoners forums for a few years now 

it's a wonder i haven't been told to bugga off yet lol

i very much appreciate the cost involved , i have also been chasing my own amendments 

for many years & very aware of the cost of doing that without a central point to go to 

i think it's about bloody time companies like yours are starting up , saving me 

the run around , i also understand without support from communities like this , prices 

will always be high , so i wish you well & will def support your products where i can 

& hope the community here will do the same  

as far as big bio worm castings go ,i have purchased them in the past in my local area 

they def look the goods , sifted through a screen , they worked well , never used them 

to make a tea out of them though , but worked as well as some others i've purchased

within a mix 

some of those castings came from fishing worm producers which i see a few of , i rang one of them once to find out what they were

feeding there worms & was told , pig shit & dried dog food = how's that for a quality production method 

i find the word " Organic or 100% Organic " used a bit when maybe it shouldn't be like the 

worm castings from the fishing worm producer , he had organic all over the bag , but is it ?

i have 2 bags of " organic " compost here that i won't use because they are partly made with 

consumers old garden pots of soil , which could be anything & sprayed with anything 

but it's " organic " , it's in big letters on the bag 

we know glyphosate hangs round for a bit of time , from a few days to around a year

unfortunately we can't test what we produce at the moment to find out if the composts 

we purchase or make have any nasty's getting through to our final product , which is 1 of the reason 

i asked what the worms are being fed & where is it coming from , if the complete chain 

is truly organic i don't believe you'd have a need for rapid composting units to help protect

against any possible pathogens , although it prob quickens the process at the same time 

in saying that , what would i know , i've never produced castings on a commercial scale 

you use malted barley in your mix , so do i , took me some time to find organically produced 

barley , what about you guys how did you guys go finding organically produced barley for your soil mix ?

we're pretty much on the coot mix , i'm assuming you know of clackamas coot & buildasoil.com 

anyways DNG i wish you well & hope to pop in & see you in Tullamarine sometime ,

your not to far from where i live in pascoe vale 

Thanks itchybro, I appreciate the support. Yes, Clackamas Coot, Buildasoil, Mountain Organics and others were some of my big inspirations earlier on (and still are). Our blend is based on Clackamas Coot's recommendations... I've developed our mix for the Australian climate as well as what's available here...

Thanks itchybro, I appreciate the support. Yes, Clackamas Coot, Buildasoil, Mountain Organics and others were some of my big inspirations earlier on (and still are). Our blend is based on Clackamas Coot's recommendations... I've developed our mix for the Australian climate as well as what's available here...

ok cool 

have you ever been on this forum as a individual or only now as a bizz owner , just curious