Magic butter machine

So im looking in to decarb temp and time and I find conflicting information. My magical butter decarb book says for T-C, I need to decarb at 250F for 30 minutes and on a website, it says to decarb it at 314.6F. I have taken a picture of them both.

Soooooo. Which one would be right?

When I decarbed it in the oven, I decarbed it at 110 degrees C for 110 minutes and it seemed to work well. If a different decarb temp and time works better, then I'll try it. May as well get more out of it if I can.

9592791d7b6a1ee92c3f647752cbb590.jpg6c7d715b44b188e5b760a7d85fe7f43b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

There is a guy over on Grass City forums that did lots of experimentation on de-carb and would send various samples that he did to a lab when he had the money and after much time came to the conclusion

that the best conversion he obtained in his home oven was at 240F (approx 115C) for 40 mins.

I tended to use this as I followed along on the thread for a few years (long, long thread)but the Nova has made things easier for me these days as I like to have a nice supply of tincture for my old age ailments.

• Upvote 1

That Nova looks great. Another one to add to my wishlist...

I did something a little different last time I made butter. I put my 7g of bud into a coffee plunger & filled it with filtered water. Waited until the water turned brown, pushed the plunger down and got rid of the brown water and re-filled with filter water. Repeated that every 12 or so hours until the water ran clear.

Then the usual decarb in the oven.

I’ve got to say, there was no change in strength or effect of the butter, but it got rid of any of that herb flavor to the butter.

The butter was also much less green coloured than usual

Supposedly, and I don’t know this for sure because I’ve only read about it, but it washes out all that chlorophyll taste etc. Some even say it washes out any left over contamination. Who knows...

I love my edibles, it’s my go to method of using cannabis and I won’t be making butter from now on without washing the buds first.

Hope to one day pick up a Magical Butter machine too, another one for the wishlist

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Edited by JT710
  • Upvote 2