Advice on 1st hydro attempt

How's ur grow going buddy I hope your having some success. I'm new to the group and I'm not familiar with some of the more tech names but I have been growing hydro for a few years now for my own private consumption, money is very tight so I made a system myself, with 6×20litre storage containers that fit inside each other, a 100litre storage container for a reservoir that looks a lot like the one you have, some 13mm pipe, some 13mm t, x and elbow connectors and a $30 fish tank pump. I drilled holes in the bottom of 3 storage containers and 1×13mm drain hole at the bottom of the other 3. Then I plumed the 3 containers with the drain hole by punching holes in 3×13mm rubber grommets fitting them in the 3×13mm drain holes and fitted the appropriate angled I think it was 1 elbow, 1 T joiner and one X at the last one that would be above my reservoir checked for leaks and corrected the leaks with salastic, then u slip the 3 storage containers you drilled holes in the bottom of(not big holes I only used a small drill bit but I drilled a lot of them for good drainage this is your grow container) into the three you have just made with the 1×13mm drain hole. Next I used clay balls at the bottom of my grow container covered with coco coir, my first grow was from seed so no rock wool but I have been using the cuttings so my cuttings are in rock wool. My reservoir I placed under my grow bench which I built to be just high enough to fit the reservoir under. With my return line or drain line I have it a couple of cm above the water line so as it trickles back in hopefully air rating my solution I also keep my return on the opposite side from my pump so as not to keep feeding the exact same water back to my lady's. I run professors complete A and B with cal mag and a cannazime I think it's called for the grow and the Professors A and B with monsta bud, cal mag and humbolts secret for flowering. I haven't had a lot of problems with this but ph is crucial (6 - 6•5 tops) so I got a bluelab pen it is the most expensive part yet to monitor this and a climate meter measures temp, humidity and co2 in the air. I'm a little concerned after reading through these articles though as in summer my reservoir temp is about 27°C. I have 2 fans constantly running and one extraction fan with a radio constantly playing to confuse the noise I'm only getting about 1gram of dry bud per 1watt of light I'm not sure if that's bad but it takes care of my needs, oh and don't 4get to flush also be careful of products that contain PGR (plant growth regulators) although it makes you look like your a guru its shit and is very dangerous to ur health. OK mate if any of the dribble I've just written helps you I wish you all the best, as this country has a long way to go before we get good laws like in Canada so the more people growing good weed the better FTP.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by clit69

How's ur grow going buddy I hope your having some success. I'm new to the group and I'm not familiar with some of the more tech names but I have been growing hydro for a few years now for my own private consumption, money is very tight so I made a system myself, with 6×20litre storage containers that fit inside each other, a 100litre storage container for a reservoir that looks a lot like the one you have, some 13mm pipe, some 13mm t, x and elbow connectors and a $30 fish tank pump. I drilled holes in the bottom of 3 storage containers and 1×13mm drain hole at the bottom of the other 3. Then I plumed the 3 containers with the drain hole by punching holes in 3×13mm rubber grommets fitting them in the 3×13mm drain holes and fitted the appropriate angled I think it was 1 elbow, 1 T joiner and one X at the last one that would be above my reservoir checked for leaks and corrected the leaks with salastic, then u slip the 3 storage containers you drilled holes in the bottom of(not big holes I only used a small drill bit but I drilled a lot of them for good drainage this is your grow container) into the three you have just made with the 1×13mm drain hole. Next I used clay balls at the bottom of my grow container covered with coco coir, my first grow was from seed so no rock wool but I have been using the cuttings so my cuttings are in rock wool. My reservoir I placed under my grow bench which I built to be just high enough to fit the reservoir under. With my return line or drain line I have it a couple of cm above the water line so as it trickles back in hopefully air rating my solution I also keep my return on the opposite side from my pump so as not to keep feeding the exact same water back to my lady's. I run professors complete A and B with cal mag and a cannazime I think it's called for the grow and the Professors A and B with monsta bud, cal mag and humbolts secret for flowering. I haven't had a lot of problems with this but ph is crucial (6 - 6•5 tops) so I got a bluelab pen it is the most expensive part yet to monitor this and a climate meter measures temp, humidity and co2 in the air. I'm a little concerned after reading through these articles though as in summer my reservoir temp is about 27°C. I have 2 fans constantly running and one extraction fan with a radio constantly playing to confuse the noise I'm only getting about 1gram of dry bud per 1watt of light I'm not sure if that's bad but it takes care of my needs, oh and don't 4get to flush also be careful of products that contain PGR (plant growth regulators) although it makes you look like your a guru its shit and is very dangerous to ur health. OK mate if any of the dribble I've just written helps you I wish you all the best, as this country has a long way to go before we get good laws like in Canada so the more people growing good weed the better FTP.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Wow, have you ever heard of paragraphs? I read the first 4 lines and went blind after those lines.

• Upvote 1