Had a gutsfull of coco

nah mate, never used Coco, never will :)

Absolutely Billygoat...i lost 3 grows using that shit til I figured it out.... Coco attracts spider mite and scarab fly.... Kill ya crop over nite... Trust me... I know...

Same as any hydro system. A+B nutrients will do fine. I run in 100% perlite, I only use A+B (any brand) + silica + pH down.

Yup.. Same nutes... I use a single part grow/bloom.. GT is pretty good but one of our local nursery makes their own... And I tend to think it's a bit better.

Im running a recirc system... Other nutes I use is superthrive, Alaska pure, uc root, cal mag, budlink, nitrozyme and oxyplus. Bloom is bit different of course... Lower the nitrogen levels.

I make a mix of 1/3 vermiculite and 2/3 perlite... Doesn't attract spider mite or scarab fly..

What alternatives would you consider as easy to use, as an inert medium, that has the ability to hold large amounts of moisture while still having a high air filled porosity that also has none of the hydrophobic properties that other organic potting mixes have to deal with when dry? . Now I know coco is not technically inert but for an organic medium it basically is, what specific issues that coco has that makes it a strange choice in your eyes?