Had a gutsfull of coco

Hey all ……...im tired  of all  the  different , nutes & additives  &  mixing for  coco ,  with  mixed  results ,   so its  time  for  a side by side with a  soil & coco,  my intention , is to  use  the  same size pots & strain (inside),  & have been researching  what soil  to  use , knowing very little  about  soil , but  wanting to keep it as simple as possible , Canna Terra  pro  seems to stand out , &  from what I can work out , you only need   the  canna terra for veg , then the canna flores  for  flower,  that sounds  easy,is  this  correct ??   no  mixing  a+b  

Im  not  interested  in the  regular  potting mixes , as  there  all  full  of  bark chip & little  else

Is  there  any soil guru's  out  there  that  have   experimented  with  different  , commercially  made  soil , &  the  basic no frills nutes , who could please advise

As for ph buffered  , I suppose  that  means  the  soil , is  already  around the  6 ph ? &  the  nutes  designed  for  these  soils  will  be  about  the  same , understanding  slight ph ajustments  may be required  according to  base  water

Also  is  it  ok  to  now & again , water  soil to the  point of run off  , so as  to  test ,  the PH &  ppm's

Any input greatly appreiated

Nutter

Ya but you are still comparing a "soil" designed by canna for best results using their range of nutes.

Nutes they want you to buy and the same nutes you didn't want to mix.

I have used both Coco and terra in the past.

You should use a ready made soil from the organic houses that are more of a water only job. Of course you can top dress but they are advertised as water only.

Have your Coco with all the trimmings. Will be fastest, biggest and be fine.

Terra will be a bit slower, probably smaller and be fine, may taste a bit better.

Proper soil maybe best taste, slower than Coco, maybe faster than terra.

You say you want to get away from mixing stuff. Why compare to a soil that was designed to work with a nute they provide?

Organic soil probably cheaper when you buy the terra and the terra nutes?

Canna terra is fine but it's been around ages, these new organic soils coming on the market are the ones to be testing and can be water only grow if you want.

https://www.drgreenthumbs.com.au/collections/indoor-soil-company/products/water-only-soil

30% off so 38.5 before shipping

Can make yourself with broad range of top end stuff for about $1 a litre

Edited by Carbcon
  • Upvote 1

Always use the "feed from the bottom" method with coco, it is definitely an improvement, way better than just plain coco

step one- shit in the bottom of pot

step two- add coco 

step three- add Ganja plant

step four- piss in a bucket, dilute with tap water 10-1

step five- water Ganja plant

step six- hope for the best like all coco growers do

hope this helps

Coco is like anything else. If you don't know how to use it properly, you will fuck it up. Keep it moist. Watch your plants for deficiencies and add cal mag if needed. If you have a problem with gnats some simple plastic fly screen top and bottom will do the trick. Doesn't have to be any more expensive or complicated. 5 bags of coco and 5l of cal mag gets me through two harvests in my 1.2x2.4 tent. Will be even less soon when I swit to full recirculating at the end of this run. Drip Clean helps prevent Salt build up. Its cheap.

yep  Pedro  I  got your point  &  tend  to  agree

Serrated Edge......I would  like to  think I can  run  the  soil , to  a runoff  situation ,  so  I  can test  the  ph &  ppm's...…..now  &  then ,  remembering  im  working  with  soil  not  coco,   which  hopefully  I  only  have  to  look  at  every day   not   go &  mix multiple additives   of  , over  priced   salts   from  my  local  ,  honest   hydro harry ,  who  magically  finds  the  next   greatest , bottle  of  crap   that's  going  to  blow  the  cannabis  world  apart

Carbcon …….the  soil  you suggested  looks  good  ,   but it  still  requires  some  additives,  not  to  mention  ,  that  we  all  agree  the  flowering period  requires  a  slightly  different  approach ,  how  can that  all  be  stored  , initially, in the soil, waiting  for  ,  that  time of the cycle...….but  there  base  is  impressive & worthy of  consideration

Papasmurf ….agreed,   &   F***  it  up I have   &  that's  the  point , there  must  be  a  easier  way ,  look  at  my  cupboard  ,  calmag,  drip clean, A+B veg , A+B flower,  boost ,  zyme, swell,  potash, great  white, silicone,  PK,   ph  up &  down...…..nar   there  has  to  be  something a  lot  simpler  ,  for  us  dummy  growers,  its  not  that I  havnt tried , &  yes   did  get  some  reasonable  results , but  !!,  there  was  plenty  of  shit results

&  that's  the  question I  pose  ,   Canna Terra  soil , 1 bottle  Canna  terra  veg ,  1 bottle Canna Terra  flores……&  only  have  to  water   every  3rd  or 4th day ………...does  it  work  ???

Billy goat , …...you've  obviously  been down this  path , & i  respect your  opinion ,    heres  hoping

• Upvote 1