Stunted growth

I started the seeds in the potting mix not in jiffy cubes like I normally do, so maybe the mix might be too hot for them being so small, I did give them a dose of ozi magic magic bud and sweetaz and Charlie carp, didn’t make them any better or any worse

What cal/mag product do you recommend ooodog

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Yeah you’re probably right bakedcake it just won’t stop raining that’s the problem I should of added perlite to the potting mix, might have to bring them inside under the lights for awhile

A member in here recently suggested using some cling wrap across the top of the top and then removing once the rain has ceased. This should stop excess water building up

• Upvote 1

Not a good idea to start your seeds straight into a hot mix.

Personally I don't like jiffy's for a couple of reasons. I prefer to crack the seeds in a glass of water, then place them carefully into a peat cup(cheap as chips) filled with a good seed raising mix. Then pot on into your desired end pot(20Lts is prob the min) as soon as the plant has it's second set of true leaves. The peat cups give the plant time to get to a size where it can handle some food, unlike a jiffy. You plant the whole cup thus virtually no transplant shock.

Good suggestion BC with the cling wrap if the mix is too wet. Try to avoid a heavy mix before you use it, test the mix saturated in a smaller pot. If it is heavy you can correct the mix by adding sand,aggregate, perlite etc. Even a 30mm layer of 20mm aggregate on the bottom of your pot will help drainage.

Don't think that throwing a mass of food at a young plant is going to help it, you are more likely to kill the plant. If your mix does not state it has some form Cal/Mag in it, add a double handful of Dolomite mixed thoroughly through each individual pot mix.

When you start to feed your plants, do it slowly, building as the plant gains size.

• Upvote 1

More rain again last night, hard to get a break with this weather at the moment, will add some more bigger drainage holes, thanks for the tips zen2u, I’ve always had good success in the past using jiffy cubes just cut too many corners this time around, I’m also considering planting them straight into the ground in a week or two,

Doesn’t look like anything is eating them buds-lightyear