Self pollinating female

So I lost some males in a few strains and was planning on making some fem seeds anyway from some of my fem plants using silver. With my regular females, am I able to make say one branch throw male flowers and pollinate the other half of the plant with it? Or would I be better off crossing it with a different strain? Edited by seedy321

Yeah I prefer a clone. You can go indoors under a small but good light. This allows you to switch the clone to flower. Collect and store pollen.

The other option is to reverse a section of the plant. This is problematic and other parts of the plant will also change sex. I've never been able to reverse just one branch even using a plastic bag to prevent over spray. CS seems to act systemically.

Others may have has better success then me. My previous experiments used home made cs. I'm trying out this expensive CS spray but it seems to be quite effective. Possibly with better ppm of silver (lower) my home made CS wouldn't have caused excess male flowers.

You can buy a simple CS generator online for the cost of 3 bottles of this. Make your own for even less. Or get some colloidal silver body spray online. I think the strong ones are 50 ppm. post-63674-154468954465_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

post-64284-0-33106300-1544689118_thumb.jpg

did an indoor/outdoor seed run on a Power Africa Fast. started it indoor and spayed 2 branches with STS [silver Thiosulfate Solution...easy as and cheap as chips!] 3 times over 10 days then moved it outside after the 3rd spray and then spraying every 5 days until male flowers started to open. showed both male and female flowers at 1.5 to 2 weeks but i got better results from 2 clones of the same under lights spraying 6 days and 1 day before flip then every 5 days until male flowers opened.

unless you're going to clone it then just go for it emoji106.pngspray 10 days > 2 weeks before flip

Edited by vek618
  • Upvote 1