Need help choosing led for bloom tents!

Good decision on the lights bro, once you go LED there is no going back.

To make it a perfect grow, get some Auto beans and pop them in Coco. :)

Funny you should mention autos, I've been looking at them very closely lately but haven't pulled the trigger because that's something else I'll need to research and learn. But don't worry, when I do get some they'll be straight into some coco haha

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Might save you some. Cash on shipping if you buy the drivers locally from digikey or something

Wow. Thanks for the reply. I must admit I'm a little freaked out right now though cos I was coming on to make a post saying 'after further research I've decided to go with 4 of the Atreum 288.2 boards with individul heatsinks and drivers for a bit more flexibity. Will cost around $500 usd shipped from the USA. I'll get the same again in a month or 2 for the 1x1x2 and use the Vipar for for vegging in the 80x80x1.6m tent.'

You're either a mind reader.......or perhaps coming to this conclusion is just logical when armed with enough knowledge on LED lighting and incorporating all factors such as budget, space, environment etc

Cheers for your help though cos even though I was about 95% sure I was making the right choice, reading your post removed any hint of doubt.

So all up it's around $800 Australian for 4x Atreum 288.2 boards 4x heatsinks and 4x 120h- 54 or 150H- 54 drivers delivered. From the USA. Not too bad in price really when from what I can see, it wouldnt be too far away from being the equivalent of the HLG 550 but at nearly half the price of one.

I would already have an HLG 550 but I need 2 of them and 3k is a big chunk of change to hand over. Not to mention the fact I promised my wife I wouldn't make big spends on a whim after I spent 10k on a motorbike I've barely ridden in 2 years. . Hell, I didn't have a bike license and couldn't bloody ride one either!!!!!! [emoji23][emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23][emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Get ya pink bike

Lmao... billy you are turning into pedro lately...

After looking at all my options and prices etc I've decided on building my own system using 2ft Samsung strips with the lm301b diodes.

It's slightly more cost effective but for me, the biggest factor was how even I can make the fixture.

I'm just setting up the 3x3 for the moment so I can gather some data and make some changes if necessary to the 4x4.

So here's how I'm doing it.

20x 2ft q series strips mounted to 2 aluminium fixtures. I have 25 as the price was better but I thought that if all goes well with the 3x3 then I'll get another 25 for the 4x4 and have 2 rows of 15 in it. 40x Lm301b diodes per strip for a total of 800. I thought I'd split them into 2 fixtures for ease of movement and I can also switch one off if needed.

Now here's where my headache has started.... power supplies....

I think 2x HLG-240H-24v should be sufficient. A little more research is needed but if anyone on here can help me out, I'd appreciate it.

If anyone has any input or suggestions then let me know cos I'm all ears!!!!

• Upvote 1

I've been using the f series. Highly recommend them. They were much cheaper than the q series(at least last time I looked) and the output isnt that far off what the q's put out. Checkout DIY LED Strip Build Designs for Samsung H-Series, F-Series, Q-Series, and Bridgelux EB Gen.2 - LED Gardener for some build guides. Really is fairly simple just have to pay attention to the led driver required for the size strip you get.

Why not bump it upto 28 and use a HLG-480-24A? Look at the 4x4 in that link for the q's.

Oh, also pay particular attention to wire sizes. I decided to skip out on upgrading the wire size for certain parts and ended up with a couple of connectors burning their plastic insulation off and wasn't far from starting a fire. Bad idea. Wire size matters.

Edited by torture