Need help choosing led for bloom tents!

Hey Everyone,

Ok, so I need a little help deciding on some led lights. Now there's a bit of a catch and that's it needs to be done as cheaply as possible.

The reasons for wanting to go with led is my current setup is extremely hot and noisy.

Right now I have 4 tents.

60x60x80 with 4x55w T5 lights, small desk fan and a small exhaust fan.

80x80x160. 250w mh 5" cooltube, desk fan and exhaust fan.

1x1x2m. 400w hps cooltube, exhaust fan, oscillating fan and a carbon filter.

1.2x1.2x2m. 600w hps cooltube, exhaust fan, oscillating fan and a carbon filter.

I've also just picked up Viparspectra 600w light for next to nothing.

Previously I could manage the heat and noise issues but due to my new living arrangements, heat even became an issue in the middle of winter.

I've done so much research on led grow lights over the last few weeks I've even started dreaming about them!!!

So what I've noticed when the topic of led lights comes up is the old saying 'you get what you pay for' and don't buy the cheap eBay lights. Unfortunately I don't have the money to get the best quality so all I've been doing is researching just about every cheap led panel on the market. So I've decided that the Vipars won't work for me due to the lack of bloom capability.

I've also ruled out the unnamed brands because the sellers usually have some pretty bad feedback

Now here are some of the options I'm considering: 2x King led 1500w, 280w actual @ $389 for both. They would be in the 1.2x1.2x2m tent.

4x 150w 45w actual ufo @35each. They would be put into the 1x1x2m tent with the Vipar600w as the Vipar lacks a lot of the red spectrum.

Then I'd just put the 250w mh in the 80x80x160

Total cost of around $530

Option 2.

4x Maxsisun Dimmable 300w, 138w actual @ $472 for the 1.2x1.2x2m

The same 4x ufo $140. To support the Vipar600w

Total cost $612

Option 3.

4x Meizhi 300w. 135w actual @ $108 each for 1.2x1.2x2m

Same again with the 4x ufo $140 and Vipar 600

Total $572

Option 4

3x Meizhi 450w. 200w actual @ $537 for 3 for 1.2x1.2x2m

And again with the 4x ufo and Vipar deal $140

Total $677

Option 5

4x Kingled 1500w 280w actual @ $778. 2 for the 1.2x1.2x2m and 2 for the 1x1x2m tent. The Vipar600 can then move to the 80x80x1.6m veg tent because vegging is what they do best apparently.

The Vipar600w and UFOs would only be used to flower 1 grow and by that stage I should have enough cash and knowledge to make an informed decision on the route I want to go down, whether it's cobs, quantums or something else entirely.

Now if anyone has any feedback or constructive criticism then I'd love to hear it. Led lights are a whole new ballgame for me so any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!!!![emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

250 watt HPS for that size would be perfect..Just my opinion, but you only really start to save electricity cost on LED's in a bigger setup

Not worried about electricity as I have solar and gas.

Might want to read my thread again though cos how you decided 250w hps would be perfect is baffling.....

• Upvote 1

75 usd plus 40 usd for postage. So for 4 would be $370 usd so what like 500? Maybe get an extra couple boards to fill your other tents aswell. 19c5deb69a4572aaeba4555c8d817b01.jpg

I wouldnt go with any of those lights you have listed. You will be disappointed mate don't waste ya time

Fuck i know. I'm baked when I post like 5 different replies in a row haha sorry mate.

60x60x80 with 4x55w T5 lights, small desk fan and a small exhaust fan.

80x80x160. 250w mh 5" cooltube, desk fan and exhaust fan.

1x1x2m. 400w hps cooltube, exhaust fan, oscillating fan and a carbon filter.

1.2x1.2x2m. 600w hps cooltube, exhaust

So to summarize in the

60x60x80 I would run clones with the t5 lights

80x80x160 I would veg plants. U could probably nuse the 250w mh

The 1x1x2 I would probably keep using the 600 if u can handle the heat at all?

And the 1.2x1.2 I would use your whole light budget and build a quantum board setup. Be a good side by side with the hps for comparison.

You could always swap the MH for the viparspectra too for a bit less heat.

Edited by papasmurf999

Wow. Thanks for the reply. I must admit I'm a little freaked out right now though cos I was coming on to make a post saying 'after further research I've decided to go with 4 of the Atreum 288.2 boards with individul heatsinks and drivers for a bit more flexibity. Will cost around $500 usd shipped from the USA. I'll get the same again in a month or 2 for the 1x1x2 and use the Vipar for for vegging in the 80x80x1.6m tent.'

You're either a mind reader.......or perhaps coming to this conclusion is just logical when armed with enough knowledge on LED lighting and incorporating all factors such as budget, space, environment etc

Cheers for your help though cos even though I was about 95% sure I was making the right choice, reading your post removed any hint of doubt.

So all up it's around $800 Australian for 4x Atreum 288.2 boards 4x heatsinks and 4x 120h- 54 or 150H- 54 drivers delivered. From the USA. Not too bad in price really when from what I can see, it wouldnt be too far away from being the equivalent of the HLG 550 but at nearly half the price of one.

I would already have an HLG 550 but I need 2 of them and 3k is a big chunk of change to hand over. Not to mention the fact I promised my wife I wouldn't make big spends on a whim after I spent 10k on a motorbike I've barely ridden in 2 years. . Hell, I didn't have a bike license and couldn't bloody ride one either!!!!!! [emoji23][emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23][emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

• Upvote 1