Your opinion about a connected EC / pH / climate meter

egrowr

Good point, Tunks.

Though I wouldn't be much of a customer simply because i prefer to be hands on to some extent when it comes to growing.

I like to be too but wanted to set up a system that alerts me if things vary too much from defined parameters. As a precaution.

But I was in the grow rooms multiple times a day.

There's definitely a market for it.

"So when are you sending us all a tester into device ? 
I’ll be happy to Test and help research and develop this   long term goal is real ease to market. "

Actually, why not. But to produce the first batch, I need electronic components in large amount. Without financial support, it's impossible.

"billygoat, on 05 Dec 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:
Pretty sure there are devices that already do this... and even apply doses of nutrients or ph correction automatically ? 
Might be bluelab that makes them...
But he may be able to smash the price down of each unit, if the does the same thing  as blue lab "

Exactly BlueLab does this. It's almost twice as expensive, and do not offer climate monitoring nor notifications. I mean here you have a device that can do more and cost less. I'm not about to revolutionize the market, but just give people the best they can get at the best price. There are huge technical possibilities out there to make the plants grow from A to Z without doing anything. Would you spend 2000$ for it ?

"People do this already with raspberry pi’s. Which is cheap as shit
I had been thinking about doing similar with a raspberry pi! ^_^ "

This idea actually started with an RPI. Unfortunately, all grower are not keen on Linux and soldering. I wanted the device to be as simple as possible. Maybe I could offer an open source alternative for growers who can deal with coding.