Auto growers Anonymous

Hey fellas, I'm going to try my first autos very soon.  In short, who is going to be using my spare bedroom over the next 3mons?  Bloody nobody, because travel restrictions!  Perfect time to do a quick grow in the spare bedroom while I sort electrics in the main growing area. 

The theme of this grow is quick setup and cheap by using kit on hand.  Hopefully, pop the beans this weekend.  I've got my 2*4 tent, 315W DE CMH, and air circulation sorted.  I've been keen to try hempy buckets and MegaCrop.  MC with PK boost ordered, a trip to Bunnings and the grow shop will sort the hempies.  Figure I'll do perlite on the bottom and coco with perlite (70/30) on top.

I've read up on autos over time, so I know the basics already.  I've got Mephisto beans, 3x Samsquanch OG and 2x Sour Stomper.  Here's my question: In a 4*2 tent, how many hempies should I use?  I don't have a handle on how much spread the autos grow when we avoid unnecessary trimming.  I do three photos in that same tent, but I trellis and trim whenever it seems right.  I was figuring around 10L, but I'm open to suggestions on hempy bucket size.  

So Auto Lovers, what size buckets and how many of them?

Depends what autos you buy. You can get the XLs. They take about 90 days from start to finish and yeild really well. Or you can get the 60 to 70 day ones. I like the bigger ones :)

A normal 9L bucket is OK for the smaller ones but get a 20L Kmart black fishing bucket for the 90 day ones. You'll yeild heaps more. And if I was you I'd go all perlite. You'll have to water more but they'll explode.

Hempy is a simple setup. I've got the same 20L buckets with all perlite but in recirc, not hempy style and they go good.

Good luck for your little grow :)

MLG

Hey fellas, I'm going to try my first autos very soon. In short, who is going to be using my spare bedroom over the next 3mons? Bloody nobody, because travel restrictions! Perfect time to do a quick grow in the spare bedroom while I sort electrics in the main growing area.

The theme of this grow is quick setup and cheap by using kit on hand. Hopefully, pop the beans this weekend. I've got my 2*4 tent, 315W DE CMH, and air circulation sorted. I've been keen to try hempy buckets and MegaCrop. MC with PK boost ordered, a trip to Bunnings and the grow shop will sort the hempies. Figure I'll do perlite on the bottom and coco with perlite (70/30) on top.

I've read up on autos over time, so I know the basics already. I've got Mephisto beans, 3x Samsquanch OG and 2x Sour Stomper. Here's my question: In a 4*2 tent, how many hempies should I use? I don't have a handle on how much spread the autos grow when we avoid unnecessary trimming. I do three photos in that same tent, but I trellis and trim whenever it seems right. I was figuring around 10L, but I'm open to suggestions on hempy bucket size.

So Auto Lovers, what size buckets and how many of them?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I ended grabbing 2x dark green 20L buckets and will get the drill out soon. Going to put a small irrigation valve with hose barb in the hole, so I can overflow/drain down the hose to a waste container. Valve will always be open, just want a way to direct the waste to avoid wet messes. I've got permits for the bottom and will try a coco/perlite mix for the top. Just waiting on the Megacrop to show up....

Sounds good. Just another idea for runoff. Go to bunnos and buy a 60L or whatever size your buckets fit on storage box. The lid is usually recessed so acts like a drain tray. Drill a couple of holes in the top. If you really want, get a small pump in the container and make your life easier and go recirc..

Just a suggestion. In that case done go hempy, just drill holes in the bottom of the bucket.

MLG

I ended grabbing 2x dark green 20L buckets and will get the drill out soon. Going to put a small irrigation valve with hose barb in the hole, so I can overflow/drain down the hose to a waste container. Valve will always be open, just want a way to direct the waste to avoid wet messes. I've got permits for the bottom and will try a coco/perlite mix for the top. Just waiting on the Megacrop to show up....

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app