Transplanting, too hot?

So i have seedlings which need to go in the ground as the roots are starting to get a bit big for the pot. The roots are circling around but not rootbound badly. Problem is we are sitting on 42c at the moment and all week looks the same. If i transplant tonight and water pots well should they be able to handle heat or will i end up killing them? Away for a week so its either now or next weekend :/

Plant them out, give them a heap of water(add seaweed, helps shock), a thin layer of good compost and mulch very well(50mm thick, keep mulch at least 25mm from plant stalk, stops stem rot).

Enough can't be said about the great properties of mulch, cool in the summer, warm in the winter, slows water evaporation, constant food for ground, constant environment for microorganisms and worms and so on etc.

I never grow outside without mulch, even if the plant is at my back step.

• Upvote 1