Watering disaster

Hey guys,

Water system has been a bit tempermental lately and flow has been slow to different nodes daily. Went a day with out checking in and came back to a very sick looking plant. Will it bounce back? How do i fix the flow issue? Using an aqua pro ap1050 pump with 500mmx19mm rise, 90’ join, 600mmx19mm horizontal run, end cap up to and across my tray. 4 nodes of 4 spaghetti tube, 1 100m from 90’, next 50mm from that. Reverse on other end near end cap.

Thanks in advance

post-60922-0-51876500-1542861213_thumb.jpeg

A day?? That looks like she's be starved a bit longer than a day or that room gets f...ing hot

Using 19mm as a feed line is too big IMO, the pump has to work hard to maintain pressure

Personally I use 13mm from the pump going down to 6mm feedlines, this helps maintain the pressure. And 19mm return lines, the bigger returns helps when roots invade the return lines.

Hope it helps 

Merl1n

Well full story, went in monday, was ever so slightly wilting so checked water system and flow seemed ok to that plant, didnt check up on Tuesday, went in wednesday and was not as bad as attached picture, played around with water to get it right and seemed to be working fine again, went in today and your seeing what im seeing. Seems to be getting worse and why im asking if theres a chance of recovery. Have double checked plumbing and am using 13mm pipe already. Other plants in there are spot on.

post-60922-0-32265900-1542864344_thumb.jpeg

post-60922-0-23161500-1542864455_thumb.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Too right merl1n, Aitk3n8r couldn't have done much more damage to the plant if you had taken a blow torch to the poor thing.

I dislike terminal ending irrigation systems after doing a couple of courses. A full loop system evens out water flow and pressure across the whole system. All terminal ends should be the same length and diameter for the same reasons.

• Upvote 1

Have done 6 grows with this setup, no issues until now. Always cleaned/sanitised all equiptment before reuse, only now just having this problem. Always checked daily until now. Change in weather may have made things worse. Set up for 3 waterings a day 15 minutes at a time 1-1-5l a block when i set it up. Obviously got clogged. Thanks to those with helpful information

You should forget pressure altogether, flow rates is all you need to worry about. Pipes are rated 2 ways pressure and flow by Hydraulic Engineers. Pressure is the measure of force the pipe can withstand. Flow is the maximum volume a pipe will allow(minus internal friction) to move through its internal diameter. You only need worry about pressure if you use pressure activated terminals, which usually doesn't require a high number.

It's all to do with lengths, sizes and flow rates, then matching a pump that will deliver the required volume. I used to have a lot of material that enabled me to work out the various system requirements for varying applications, but they are long lost. Was like 30yrs ago.