Scrog can be great for outdoors for training and keeping them low. Or if you’re in an area with high winds and you want to keep an anchor on them. Put the screen below the visibility area so they can grow through and still give you colas on top of it while being low enough to be stealth.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Scrog can be great for outdoors for training and keeping them low. Or if you’re in an area with high winds and you want to keep an anchor on them. Put the screen below the visibility area so they can grow through and still give you colas on top of it while being low enough to be stealth.

Thanks mate, was planning on growing in some fabric pots,

just not sure what is a good pot size to keep them smaller? Someone has suggested 18ltr pots

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Best way I found to SCROG outside was just to pin the plant down, no screen. Get your hands on some No.8 fencing wire. Cut into 300mm lengths(min or longer), bend last 25mm out slightly go give resistance to being pulled out, believe me, the plant will try when it gets bigger, fold in half and use the wire straight into the ground to pin down the plant. Obviously you train them down when they are supple and young. You end up with a series of pins holding the plant down. You will find that you will have to defol a lot as you go on. The plants will handle it well though if you allow the new growth to get approx 75-100mm long with new leaves to support itself.

Train the plant in as many directions as you can and as big as you can. When the plant turns don't tie any more, let it reach and flower.