Sudden Reverse Tolerance and Hangover

Stormy Liberal

Question

After a few years of daily smokin/vaping I developed an instantaneous reverse tolerance one evening about a year ago. My habits were mostly using a vape pen only in the evening going through a half gram cartridge every two weeks. One night after my first draw off the pen I became so unbelievably stoned I couldn’t do a second the whole evening it lasted maybe 5-6 hours. The next day came with an ungodly hangover like I drank 2 bottles of wine. I don’t drink however. I then took that day off and the next day felt fine. Unfortunately the same thing happened on that day. I’ve experimented with different strains all top shelf and also injesting methods all with the same resulting reverse tolerance including hangover. I took 3 months off but when I returned it was exactly the same. Currently I can do a 1 second hit which lasts about 3 hours without a hangover. It’s hard to judge because if it’s a little more than that say 2 seconds I will get the hangover. So by mistake I still get them sometimes. I used to do 4 full eight second draws off the vape pen each evening or 38 total seconds where now I can only do one second. Nobody I’ve ever told this to have ever heard of this. It’s real however. If I somehow damaged my receptors does anyone know how long they take to replace themselves? I would stay off it and wait if I knew that was the answer. I just want to take a big rip again.

9 answers to this question

May be an allergic reaction, you know to much of a good thing can cause your body to create an immune system to deal with it. Unlucky bro, if anything go see a doc they can’t charge or report you but however they may just hide behind saying it’s an allergic reaction. Had a mate that has it, they end up having a yak and report the same as feeling quite hungover
  • Upvote 1

An allergy isn’t something I thought about but it could very well be that. I figured I damaged the endocannabinoid system or screwed up the metabolizing enzymes CYP2C9, CYP3A4 by inhibiting them somehow. On the good side one 500mg cartridge will probably last 2 years instead of 2 weeks when I was normal. The experience is the same even with a one second toke. The bad side is the Hangover which outweighs the good when it happens. Thanks for your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Do you grow your own or buy from one person or many people? There could be something else in your cannabis if not buying from the same person all the time, or the same person could have a stronger different strain.

Yeah true brick. If your smoking the garbage PGR Asian shit that could be your problem. They even directly spray the buds with fly spray if a bug of mite is seen and it is never flushed. Nasty shit.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1