Grow tent options

I haven’t read too much about the pros and cons of different lighting, not really sure what to get. What would you recommend for one or two plants in a 2x2x2m tent. I’d rather buy something a bit more expensive that’s not going to catch fire etc.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

2X2X2 is probably a bit large for a single light PAR coverage if you want even dispersal.

I know what I prefer and what I use, which is a Dual 315W Philips CMH light in a 4'X4' area Screen of Green(only a little hotter than 600W HIDs). A single 315W CMH bulb set up is half the power use and less heat than both 600W HID options. Only one light to use through the whole grow. There are pros and cons to this setup which you can investigate, there is plenty of info out there.

There are that many variables to consider when growing indoors it sometimes becomes mind boggling. Environment(both internal and external), environment control, lighting, grow technique, grow training, media, nutrient selection and delivery, propagation systems, cleanliness, seed variety selection, trouble shooting and correction for the entire set up including the plants, the list goes on. Basically you are God for your plants. The better you can control all aspects of your ideal plant life the better the plant will respond.

Don't expect to get everything right the first time(I sincerely hope you do). All you can do is identify problems if and as they occur and rectify them as soon as possible, hopefully with very little or no lose. There is always help somewhere.

Don't get discouraged, pick a system and work with it to the best of your ability. I'm sure you are smart enough to make it work. Learning is a fun pass time.

I run 2x2x2 tent

I only use half at a time

I'd I'm using recirculating system 4 each side

If I'm doing coco run to waste or as is the case this yr a no till soil usually 2 on 1 side n 1 big 1 on the other (have pulled a couple of pounds doing it this way

For lighting I use 600w hps 1 each side

If the plants get a bit big I put another in the middle

Use digital ballast

Nana lux micro 600w, compact ballast stays nice n cool n it's small

The fans in ballast a little noisy but not to bad

The can also be connected to a control unit that turns light on n off by a usb stick n central controller, no need for timers n u can have a sunrise n sunset feature

It will also run 4 rooms at same time

In that size tent I use a 250 mm exhaust connected to a 1m x 250 mm carbon filter

This is run automatically by a heat sensor turning it up or down as necessary

This really is overkill in a way but necessary in another

3 fans r used to circulate the air inside

Hope this helps

I run 2x2x2 tent

I only use half at a time

I'd I'm using recirculating system 4 each side

If I'm doing coco run to waste or as is the case this yr a no till soil usually 2 on 1 side n 1 big 1 on the other (have pulled a couple of pounds doing it this way

For lighting I use 600w hps 1 each side

If the plants get a bit big I put another in the middle

Use digital ballast

Nana lux micro 600w, compact ballast stays nice n cool n it's small

The fans in ballast a little noisy but not to bad

The can also be connected to a control unit that turns light on n off by a usb stick n central controller, no need for timers n u can have a sunrise n sunset feature

It will also run 4 rooms at same time

In that size tent I use a 250 mm exhaust connected to a 1m x 250 mm carbon filter

This is run automatically by a heat sensor turning it up or down as necessary

This really is overkill in a way but necessary in another

3 fans r used to circulate the air inside

Hope this helps

Sounds like a solid set up dude, like the idea of the nanolux ballast too, thanks for the reply !

• Upvote 1

Tent I'm using, nice size for scrog. I'm constrained by height, 2m version would be better for you if no height constraints are affecting you.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hydro-Experts-Grow-Tent-1-2M-x-1-2M-x-1-8M-Hydroponics-Indoor-Green-House/232911197367?hash=item363a96d4b7:g:hSsAAOSwvGdbowZI:rk:1:pf:0

If you don't want to make a screen and simply wish to buy it.

https://accenthydroponics.com/accessories/measurement/stretch-scrogg-nett-120cm-x-120cm/

• Upvote 1