Grow tent options

The 1000W Hps is going to produce a lot of heat. If your air through put is high enough it shouldn't be too much trouble(dependent on ambient air intake). The thing is to match the whole ventilation system up so as to not have a bottle neck at any given point in the system. This is the problem of buying a whole system by someone else, but not knowing the specifics of the individual parts.

In your system I would be adding a intake fan in the bottom of the tent. With slightly more air going into the tent than be extracted. This creates a pressurized atmosphere in the tent that keeps crap out.

A thing to look at is the carbon filter, if it only has a through put of eg. 300 CFM and your Centrifugal fan has a through put of 400CFM, then you have a bottle neck, the system is fighting itself. Take note to balance as closely as possible all parts of your ventilation system. If the system is efficient, you will be looking at total air volume exchange of the tent 2-3 times a minute.

Another small thing missing in the system is a small fan to blow air across your plants. They cost around $30 from ebay.

Hope this helps and does not hinder.

The 1000W Hps is going to produce a lot of heat. If your air through put is high enough it shouldn't be too much trouble(dependent on ambient air intake). The thing is to match the whole ventilation system up so as to not have a bottle neck at any given point in the system. This is the problem of buying a whole system by someone else, but not knowing the specifics of the individual parts.

In your system I would be adding a intake fan in the bottom of the tent. With slightly more air going into the tent than be extracted. This creates a pressurized atmosphere in the tent that keeps crap out.

A thing to look at is the carbon filter, if it only has a through put of eg. 300 CFM and your Centrifugal fan has a through put of 400CFM, then you have a bottle neck, the system is fighting itself. Take note to balance as closely as possible all parts of your ventilation system. If the system is efficient, you will be looking at total air volume exchange of the tent 2-3 times a minute.

Another small thing missing in the system is a small fan to blow air across your plants. They cost around $30 from ebay.

Hope this helps and does not hinder.

Thanks for the info dude! I had no idea about that

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

The one thing I wish I did all them years ago when I started was just do more research before starting and outlay for the best of everything.

As a sparky I’ll tell you that with all that cheap shit you might save a few bob on you will pay for it in electricity, equipment fails and the risk of things catching on fire, not to mention how the plants will struggle in the heat.

Your better off looking into reliable brands with warranty and purchasing things seperate. It pays for itself extremely quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Have you considered lighting?

HID(MH, HPS) Vs CMH (a little more expensive, but only one light) Vs LED (a lot more expensive for a quality light, but by far the least heat)

I haven’t read too much about the pros and cons of different lighting, not really sure what to get. What would you recommend for one or two plants in a 2x2x2m tent. I’d rather buy something a bit more expensive that’s not going to catch fire etc.

The one thing I wish I did all them years ago when I started was just do more research before starting and outlay for the best of everything.

As a sparky I’ll tell you that with all that cheap shit you might save a few bob on you will pay for it in electricity, equipment fails and the risk of things catching on fire, not to mention how the plants will struggle in the heat.

Your better off looking into reliable brands with warranty and purchasing things seperate. It pays for itself extremely quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Thanks man, yeah I’d rather pay more for good lighting. Cheap crap will just cause me problems