Building a $6,000 High-pressure Aeroponic system that doesn't

BoomTune

Hahahaha i said that months ago. We will never hear from him again.

Think again...

---------

Some updates to the list: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WYiFN75NheJ9h3NxjiJKLRQH5YNHOiMx/view?usp=sharing

Notable changes:

1. The true cost of the system is actually around $7,000 (Assuming you had none of the tools, equipment beforehand)

2. I've found a much more suitable pump (D3735-E7011). This will be the 240 Volt version, so I needed to be very particular about how the wires would be attached.

3. I've removed almost all Brass components from the list. Thus, reducing the trace amounts of Lead from leeching into the Nutrients.

The only Brass items that will be coming into contact with the water is the Solenoid itself and the (push-to-fit) Pex fittings for the Copper pipes.

Although, the Pex fittings can be covered up with Liquid Silicone.

The system hasn't been put together yet and there's a few reasons for that. Firstly, my sisters house was falling apart and she needed about $2,000 for repairs and to integrate the Osmosis System. Secondly, I got scammed out of $500 on Gumtree by a woman who refused to use PayPal. That also set me back a few months. I plan on selling a few things to get the parts I need. I've also been learning Blender to plan out the designs for the Housing that needs to be built for some of the components. :reading:

You have probably held a ball(or any other sealed container) under water. What happens to the ball when released? Obviously it pops to the surface, it is sealed and can't equalise water pressure. The same can be said of a sealed bunker(container), add enough water to the soil to saturate the soil and the bunker becomes a boat and pops to the surface.

ZEN2U raises a very good point. I had no idea that ground water could push up a bunker. :scratchin: :o

I'm sure there are ways to make one, but none of them are feasible at the moment. First and foremost, it would need to be safe to use, so it needs to be done properly or not at all.

The true intention of this project is to create sustainable farming in the arid areas of Australia, using an expensive yet very advanced grow method.

Good on ya Bro hope all goes well.

keep that Pink teddy for grow security...Pretty sure it would scare off any Stoner from poking around.. lol

Oh come now, I'm harmless. Can't you tell?

98s0rx.jpg

Edited by BoomTune

Need some advice regarding an 'Electrical' problem. This is about turning a portable Generator into a 'Stand-by' one and involves 'Hot-wiring' the service panel of the generator. Could you peruse what's written and tell me of any problems you see or how it could be implemented?

Backup Power Supply

In the event of a Power-outage, there are two types of Back-up Generators that can be employed. The ‘Stand-by’ generator, while being more expensive, is able to detect when the Mains power fails and switch itself on automatically. They are intended to supply power to all electrical items within a home and are normally fixed in-place as a permanent structure near the house.

The Aeroponic System, which at most requires about 600 Wh, can be sustained with a ‘Portable’ generator. These mobile generators are more affordable but lacks the ability to detect when a power outage has occurred and start itself on automatically. However, this set-up will (In theory) cause a Portable generator to turn on during a black-out.

A Portable Generator with an “Auto-Start” or “Remote-Start” function, has this circuit hot-wired to a Battery. This requires access to the electrical panel, located behind the cover. The battery is kept continually charged and has the voltage necessary to send a signal and turn on a Portable Generator. The battery can complete the circuit that turns on the generator, but is prevented from doing so by a ‘Normally-closed’ Relay Switch. This switch is energized by the Mains Power, so as long as primary power is available, the Battery will not be able to turn on the Generator.

During a power-outage, the Relay Switch, which is now ‘Closed’ will allow current to flow from the battery to the wire that has been hot-wired into the circuit board of the portable Generator.

Once the Mains Power is restored, the Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) should switch back to it’s primary power source (Mains). The Relay, which is also powered by the Mains, will once again prevent the battery from sending a current to start the Generator. If the Generator doesn’t turn off when it’s no longer receiving a signal, it will eventually run out of Fuel and turn off on its own.

Edited by BoomTune