Leyonhjelm kicks off legal cannabis debate

I'm not actually sure what all the worry is about about taxes on legal cannabis. We have tax on everything you buy in this country. Most countries do. We have tax and restrictions on the sale of alcohol yet we can also brew our own beer and in my state still our own spirits without breaking the law. We break the law when we start selling it to people without a licence. It would be nice if it were all free but thats not the reality of the society we live in nor any western society for that matter. If cannabis is legalised here, the reality of the matter is there will be restrictions on sale and there will be tax. There is tax on any legal commodity. So far all legalisation proposals we have seen in this country allow home growing but with limits. This is the case in Canada and the US where its legal, you can grow at home but with limits. Here you can brew beer at home but not in commercial quantities, you are not allowed to sell it without a licence. I just don't see a problem with that. It would be a much better situation than what we have now with cannabis. Paranoia, fear of legal ramifications, fear of violent home invasions from rippers. All of this would be gone over night if cannabis was legalised. Plus we could always go to a shop and try different varieties, maybe different kinds of hash. Who cares if we have to pay some tax on it, if you want to save some coin, plant a few in your backyard. You will no longer have to fear the ramifications, as long as you don't grow a whole field or start selling it commercially without a licence. I think that is fine lol

• Upvote 2

Good post, bloodshot. But I doubt we'll ever be rid of the rippers unfortunately.

There's always going to be some DC's out there that don't know how to grow, or cbf'd going through the effort of growing, and rely on others to do it for them then rip em off. Cunt of a human trait, but I doubt we'll ever be rid of them in society.

I don't think there should be any regulation whatsoever,,and no restrictions on plant numbers .

We all know our tax money isn't put to the best use by the Government,so I don't want my money to line some other pricks wallet.

Just want to grow and smoke and be left alone to do just that.

Solid post SE. lol The way it would have been thousands of years ago the way it was intended by mother nature. Natural law lol