CBD OG

Nutter3

Question

Hey  all ,  like  many of us out  there  pain (chronic)  is  just an everyday thing , …...when  you  start  to  become  amune  to  the  prescription medication  your  forced to  look  elsewhere...…….ive  tried  to  read  what I can  about  CBD , THC & pain relief ,  not  wanting  to  be  buzzed  of  my  head, all  day   I note  that  a 1/3 thc to  2/3 cbd  may assist …..there  is  a few  strains  out  there, ive found  that  say  they  have  these  ratio's,   1 being CBD OG...by Cali Connection….has  anybody had  experience   with  this  strain  &  or the ratio  of  cbd to thc  for  pain  relief , with other  strains...…..a lot is written  about  different  strains  , treating  different  conditions ,  which I  don't  understand ……….any feedback  appreiated

Nutter

• Upvote 2

Hey Nutter,

I believe the answer to your question is very difficult to pinpoint. I say this because of what is known as the 'Entourage effect'. You list CBD and THC but there are many other cannabinoids within canna, which interact with each other and all of which contirbute to the entourage effect. This is part of the problem that the pharmas have. They want to isolate individual components and market them individually and thus eliminate the entourage effect.

Trying to work out which works best for pain management by percentage of THC or CBD for everybody, in my opinion, is impossible. I say this for a few reasons. Firstly it can depend on the source of the pain. If, for example, the pain is muscular, then a muscle relaxant may benefit. If the pain is neurological then there can be any number of causes. Is it blood flow within the brain? is it brain chemical balance? is it sensory regulated ie sight, hearing, smell, peripheral nerves, then the question also becomes which cannabinoid works best for each pain trigger.

Then comes the question of each individual persons quantity of tolerances. Within chemistry there are equations of molecular weights, where, for example a milligram of a substance will not fully react with a milligram of another substance. To have a complete reaction substances are measured out not in milligrams but in mol or molecular weight. Each substances has it's measure in grams/mol and this is the same for each cannabinoid. In really basic terms how much CBA, for example, reacts with how much CBN on which pain receptors for patient X compared to patient Y. And the answer is...  ….there are just too many variables. What may work for you (patient X) compared to me (patient Y) could be completely different and I believe this is why science and government have such huge issues. They like to have quantifiable measures of benefit and with GVM (Green Vegetable Matter) all of those quantities vary, so to be having any measure of mol/benefit is nigh on impossible. 

Well, that's my opinion anyway.

Merl1n

• Upvote 1