CBD OG

Nutter3

Question

Hey  all ,  like  many of us out  there  pain (chronic)  is  just an everyday thing , …...when  you  start  to  become  amune  to  the  prescription medication  your  forced to  look  elsewhere...…….ive  tried  to  read  what I can  about  CBD , THC & pain relief ,  not  wanting  to  be  buzzed  of  my  head, all  day   I note  that  a 1/3 thc to  2/3 cbd  may assist …..there  is  a few  strains  out  there, ive found  that  say  they  have  these  ratio's,   1 being CBD OG...by Cali Connection….has  anybody had  experience   with  this  strain  &  or the ratio  of  cbd to thc  for  pain  relief , with other  strains...…..a lot is written  about  different  strains  , treating  different  conditions ,  which I  don't  understand ……….any feedback  appreiated

Nutter

• Upvote 2

As a fellow chronic pain sufferer I have found  that a 'mix'n'match' theory is best for me. Smoking the same smoke over and over I find it looses it's painkilling abilities.

Over the years I have kept a bit of each and every grow. I make my own oil and produce my own hash from my grows. So when I say 'mix'n'match' I mean in strain and in type.

The bud from a strain can be uplifting, where the hash from the same strain can weld my arse to the lounge and for me it all depends on the pain I am managing at that time, on that day.

No two days are the same, and nor are my smoke regimes.

But in saying all of this (and hating the pharma crap) I find I do still require the pharmas. I have been able to cut my use of pharmas WAY down, but I have not been able to eliminate them from my dietary lol intake completely.

Reducing the pharmas is a big plus, but imo if you need them, you use them. For myself it's been a case of pain management, managing which meds and when has been a big part of that. Canna is a big part of my management tools, but it is only part of it and not the entirety of my 'toolbox'. 

Merl1n

• Upvote 1

Well said Merl,

To all the chronic pain sufferers out there, Merl is on the ball with this advice.

I have traveled the same road as Merl with my own pain management program an found that it was the only way I could find to lower my intake of Pharm  drugs as well.

I to still have to take the parma drugs but only at 1/4 of the amount I used to have to take.

I know that with out the cannabis to help me ,I would have really gone down the tube an would now be on large amounts of Big Pharma drugs.

Plus the help an support from the crew from this great site has kept my head above water an  stopped me from drowning in a pool of Big Parna Drugs.

I can't thank you crew enough for all ways being there in my hours of need of support :give_rose: :give_rose: :good: :good:  

Kind regard,Dingo-2008.

Edited by Dingo-2008
  • Upvote 1

Ok  so  to  those of us using cannabis to help with  chronic pain ,  what  percentage if any of CBD  to  thc   do you think  your  using,  &  yes  we  are  guided  by  the  breeders  breakdown

Are  you  always  smoking , or have  you  made  oil ??   &  do  you  think  smoking is as  effective  as  oil ??

Thx to all  for contributing  to  this  thread

Nutter3

Hey Nutter,

% wise, I have no idea. Analytical testing of canna here is very costly and near on impossible. As for oil, yes, as I stated previously, I make my own oil and hash. All of which I smoke or vape. I believe it depends on the sort of pain and location as to how canna can be best used to manage. For some individuals with rheumatically associated pain topical maybe an option, but as mine is intercranial topical has not worked for me. But in saying that I have found that edibles can be brilliant but as the 'stone' is heavier from eating (more of a body stone) I have to be sure nothing is planned for the rest of the day lol

Merl1n  

• Upvote 1

this one might be worth a look for ya... Txaki is one that i use mainly to chill before bed and helps with sleep but also have sciatica and it can take the edge off the pain. here's a description i found on the net... 

TXAKI: AN ENJOYABLE MEDICINE AND HIGH

Txaki (TX-1) is a cannabis hybrid with a unique heritage. It is the outcome of crossing the rather rare Tijuana from Mexico with Candida CD-1. Smokers will be delighted with this strain, as the most notable characteristic is its staggering CBD concentration, which levels off at 13%, while its THC measures around 7%. As far as the effects go, this strain may be useful for relieving symptoms of many conditions, including depression, appetite loss, and chronic pain—to name but a few.

• Upvote 1

Im  wondering , if  the cbd & thc levels rise  to say  6_7 % thc to 16% cbd,      which there is strains boasting those figures,  would you expect to  get a greater pain relief ??

I can also see  a  stoned effect with those levels of thc

Charolletts Web , boasts a thc 1%  cbd 12%...…...is there any pain relief there ,      taking into consideration its  smoked

& I have  found a few  strains that have figures 3% thc 12%  cbd ……..Mmmmm is this the  answer

Have any members  tried  these  different levels of cbd to thc & found a more  effective % either way, for pain management ??

Ive  tried the equal parts @ around 6% each & is helpful , but will  higher levels of cbd,(12%)  leaving the  thc @ 6% , be a greater pain assistance ??

Thx  for  reading

Nutter