Taking clones from clones... opinions please.

imo def all about soil microbes or plant microbes depending on how a plant is grown i guess , 

plants had to survive in someway B4 being discovered as a food by humans , microbes are key to that survival of a stationary plant , 

around 90% of what plants consume while in the ground is directly related to microorganisms 

consuming each other or organic matter , whatever comes out there arse is readily available nutrients in perfect ratios 

it would have to be the only way a tree in a forest gets to be 100 years old , wouldn't it , microbes & the plants manipulation of them 

microbes are also protectors = fuck you root knot nematode this is my food source , same on leaves , the good microbes out compete the bad

& plants have been tapped into that , way b4 we thought we knew what we were doing growing them 

as far as him being only able to get one clone to root out of 700 cuttings B4 putting the plant into the system they were discussing 

i have no idea about that , he's in the US but he is quite a big nursery & keeps multiple mothers & takes hundreds of clones daily peak season 

form what i can understand online , & to be honest i think he's pretty knowledgeable , i have listened to many a youtube vid of him ,

Kevin Jodrey is his name 

in the vid there are a couple things , one is the grokashi which you can get the recipe & make yourself , which i've done/do

post-50689-0-06664700-1539422400_thumb.jpg getting the tomato starts hook on the grokashi early  

the second is the earthbox aka SIP = Sub Irrigated Planter , you can buy but you could youtube hundreds of DIY vids 

for making one of your own post-50689-0-12760200-1539422197_thumb.png ,

the last thing , which gets mentioned very quickly is the EM-1 Effective Microorganisms = a group of microbes in liquid form

you can DIY something similar to EM-1 at home but won't be quite the same microbes , when you buy it ,1 liter for around $20 , it can be multiplied at home

to over 20 liters making your $20 go a long way  

• Upvote 2

imo def all about soil microbes or plant microbes depending on how a plant is grown i guess ,

plants had to survive in someway B4 being discovered as a food by humans , microbes are key to that survival of a stationary plant ,

around 90% of what plants consume while in the ground is directly related to microorganisms

consuming each other or organic matter , whatever comes out there arse is readily available nutrients in perfect ratios

it would have to be the only way a tree in a forest gets to be 100 years old , wouldn't it , microbes & the plants manipulation of them

microbes are also protectors = fuck you root knot nematode this is my food source , same on leaves , the good microbes out compete the bad

& plants have been tapped into that , way b4 we thought we knew what we were doing growing them

as far as him being only able to get one clone to root out of 700 cuttings B4 putting the plant into the system they were discussing

i have no idea about that , he's in the US but he is quite a big nursery & keeps multiple mothers & takes hundreds of clones daily peak season

form what i can understand online , & to be honest i think he's pretty knowledgeable , i have listened to many a youtube vid of him ,

Kevin Jodrey is his name

in the vid there are a couple things , one is the grokashi which you can get the recipe & make yourself , which i've done/do

attachicon.gif002.JPG getting the tomato starts hook on the grokashi early

the second is the earthbox aka SIP = Sub Irrigated Planter , you can buy but you could youtube hundreds of DIY vids

for making one of your own attachicon.gif2lt coke bottle sip.PNG ,

the last thing , which gets mentioned very quickly is the EM-1 Effective Microorganisms = a group of microbes in liquid form

you can DIY something similar to EM-1 at home but won't be quite the same microbes , when you buy it ,1 liter for around $20 , it can be multiplied at home

to over 20 liters making your $20 go a long way

Great info once again itchy [emoji106]

• Upvote 1

Have any of you guys seen herbin Farmer on YouTube? I binge watched a shit load of his no till videos yesterday fuckin cool as shit ay, has like a 200 gallon no till pot inside under diy cobs. Very cool concept. Not sure it's any less maintenance than a hydro setup though with all the compost teas and shit hes making, but the costs would be down massively.

yep i've had a look , he's an x armed forces guy

he's costs are down but he has to work a lill harder , like making teas rather than just bottle feeding 

doesn't he sub irrigate from memory = has a pvc tube in the 100gal he waters down , watering from the 

bottom up rather than top down , also i might be confusing him with someone else   

i would do what he does in a second if i lived over there , but here 100gal can't be moved to quick if needs be 

there's another guy like herbin , Joshua Steensland who does no till indoor beds , uses blumats for a watering system

& i think he is water only at the mo https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2_91ECnnubgqmJy4zeauUg

if you haven't ever made your plants a compost tea i would encourage you to give it a go , plants love it

especially if your using indigenous microbes from your own backyard , non indigenous works pretty good too 

start asking about compost teas at nurseries , hopefully they might start making there own they will sell 

cheap to gardeners who can take it straight home & use it as a drench or foliar , i say nurseries cos hopefully 

they have someone with the microscope chops/skills to identify what's being brewed in there tea 

• Upvote 1