Taking clones from clones... opinions please.

maybe the term genetic drift is not an accurate term for what's happening to a clone that seems diff 

months or years after the original donor has gone 

there is a vid with the guy from wonderland nursery who talks about a cut that everybody has had probs 

with , taking cuts & what not , only getting 1 or 2 to stick out of a large number of cuts taken , once the plant 

was moved into a probiotic system that completely changed to lots of cuts rooting 

so to say the health of a donor mother is important would be an understatement 

https://youtu.be/xpopShfmyrY

maybe the term genetic drift is not an accurate term for what's happening to a clone that seems diff 

months or years after the original donor has gone 

there is a vid with the guy from wonderland nursery who talks about a cut that everybody has had probs 

with , taking cuts & what not , only getting 1 or 2 to stick out of a large number of cuts taken , once the plant 

was moved into a probiotic system that completely changed to lots of cuts rooting 

so to say the health of a donor mother is important would be an understatement 

https://youtu.be/xpopShfmyrY

I watched that and felt he was doing a lot of arse talking = talking out his arse

A healthy rhyzotonic root system works, no doubt, look how well coco goes once the healthy bacteria have a chance to colonise the root zone... but that fails to explain why plants remain healthy and can be successfully cloned in a sterile system ie using HySan for instance in a deep water grow.

I know I'm missing something in his explanation but I doubt that guy has the answers.

Taking clones has as much to do with water loss, temperature, humidity, oxygenation around the stem plus plus and yeah a healthy mother will help but it's not the only factor that needs attention.

Looks like just another sales gimmick to me??

• Upvote 1

Ok I had another look and it's an ordinary planter box with a new nutrient concoction that grows mycelium in 'symbiosis' with the plant to make it super duper... and 3 hillbillies talking out their arse's... asse's? 

Yawn... legalising weed was always going to bring these types out of the woodwork   :unknw:

Edited by bufo marinus
  • Upvote 1

In all honesty that may be correct although I wasn't purposely trying to be an ass. My apologies if that is the case and good growing to you sir.

Maybe they are onto something and it does give the plant a healthier start with cloning? Similar to when the healthy bacteria have colonised coco, a healthy rhyzosphere/root zone develops and the plants seem to thrive once it's established.

The mycelium mat was interesting too. Paul Stammets has some very interesting stuff online regarding mycelium so maybe yeah.

I was mainly skeptical of his 1 in 700 successful clone comments, how he had the rare cuttings and how he was involved in the trials blah blah blah.