Flushing at a higher PH in COCO

COCO.
Question, nutrients are locked out from the wrong PH can flushing with too high a PH(7) be a waste of time.
This is not some fang dangled thing I am trying.
This grow isn't my normal grow and I am hand watering.
As such I have to manually pump the run off out with a baster( STFU!)
It is only for this grow and it's a farking long story.

Anyway the only way I can flush with huge volumes of water is with the garden hose. It then pumped to waste.( and yes what the pump can't get out I hand bast out, I''ll be challenging the Rock to an Arm wrestle soon lol). Water is about 7ph

The water when I did the hose flush ran very clear but I was working under an LED white light.
After running about 500% of the pot size I then put 120% of the pot size through of 5.5 Ph water which bought the run back to about 6.5ph.
The water I ended up pumping out with hand though was very coloured.

Again this morning just running 200% of 5.7ph water through it was still coloured.

I would like to flush for 7 days out unfortunately it's only going to be 5 but again it's a long story. I thought I had time but new strain caught me out.

Why are you flushing to begin with? Are you finishing or you have high ppm in runoff?

Buildup/high ppm is different to lockout due to wrong pH. But salt build up due to not enough runoff will keep pH in the medium(coco) low.

I'm prob not making too much sense but back to my original question, why are you flushing? That will help answering the question.

MLG

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

COCO.

Question, nutrients are locked out from the wrong PH can flushing with too high a PH(7) be a waste of time.

This is not some fang dangled thing I am trying.

This grow isn't my normal grow and I am hand watering.

As such I have to manually pump the run off out with a baster( STFU!)

It is only for this grow and it's a farking long story.

Anyway the only way I can flush with huge volumes of water is with the garden hose. It then pumped to waste.( and yes what the pump can't get out I hand bast out, I''ll be challenging the Rock to an Arm wrestle soon lol). Water is about 7ph

The water when I did the hose flush ran very clear but I was working under an LED white light.

After running about 500% of the pot size I then put 120% of the pot size through of 5.5 Ph water which bought the run back to about 6.5ph.

The water I ended up pumping out with hand though was very coloured.

Again this morning just running 200% of 5.7ph water through it was still coloured.

I would like to flush for 7 days out unfortunately it's only going to be 5 but again it's a long story. I thought I had time but new strain caught me out.

It'll be fine

If reusing your coco, probably better off running a week nute solution through during your flush along with correct ph range.

Manually pumping run off ......glad I’m outdoors. lol. Why flush 5x container in one sitting. Just making work for yourself. No need to flush like that unless there is something seriously wrong, and even then...500%....too much.

Coco in flower should need fed daily all going well. A daily week nute feed at say 30% run off should have your coco flushed in your 5-7 days, also, wankers cramp from overworking your dewatering device will be a thing of the past......a distant memory.

The colour of the runoff can be clear with high ec. It could also be dirty in colour with low ec. You need a ec/ppm meter if you really want to know, cannot guess the ec on the color of it.

I flush when I can.....sometimes it just doesn’t work out for me. I can’t taste the difference. I’m not a heavy feeder though. No doubt some can, not me though. Age catching up? Dunno.

You’ll be right. It’s the exciting part. Enjoy.

Edited by Try Blu