am i ready to harvest? + cloning plans

Hi all!

i posted up back in April Sloppy, Lazy, Basic first time grow where i had for the first time actually started a planted. its been 6 months and i actually went back in that thread for an update every now and then.

i've reached a point where my plant has definitely flowered but i'm not sure if i should harvest yet or not.

Yet

so from the reading i've done i still can't decide if its ready or not. i haven't noticed much change for a couple of weeks. the main thing i've read is that when the pistils turn red/brown they're ready but i cannot identify the pistils and i'm worrying that i'm overshooting harvest time.

are the pistils the little orange hairs we can see? they are certainly very dark orange and this is what i'm mostly worrying about as these have been visible for a while but not really changed shade.

lastly i'm all about truth here, i won't lie, i have picked off the plant twice and smoked it yahwe and got a tiny high. obviously this probably isn't a good idea for many reasons but it doesn't seem to have killed anything.

progress in the last 2-3 weeks has been very slow, i've been mostly blaming the light cycles, there has certainly been more darkness than light. please let me know what you think.

i also wanted to cross my harvesting & cloning plans by you.

when she's ready to harvest I plan on cutting off the flowers, leaving as much foliage as i can especially low down.

then taking good looking nodes off, put into glass of water, apply cloning gel and putting into little mini cardboard pots with dirt in them to go into a mini greenhouse.

i also want to cut the stalk of the plant taking the top and middle sections (both with a couple of leaves still on them, apply cloning gel and put into the same cardboard pots with dirt into the mini greenhouse.

then i'm thinking of putting a bunch of Dynamic Lifter on the already rooted plant in the darth vader pot (also with a couple of leaves still on it) to try and get it vegetating again.

tldr: does it look like i'm ready to harvest and what do you think of me cutting the stalk of the plant for cloning and trying to revegetate the base?

love you all

Edit: heres some more close ups

6 months close up3

6 months close up2

6 months close up1

Edited by bluepiggytails

It looks like it’s revegging on the top there to me

this doesn't surprise me too much because of the light cycles

How much light do you currently get outside?

i'd have to say probably 7-10 hours of light a day and even then there are some trees and such that get in the way of consistent direct sunlight for a half hour or so during the day

Not if the pictures are out of focus or my phone is playing up but that bud looks like it's done to me

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk

they are probably a bit blurry, but thank you :)

i definitely realise the lighting situation isn't ideal and i'm definitely considering getting a basic indoor lighting setup eventually but for now i'm just doing this as a spare time thing and i'm just worried about overshooting the harvest time. its like on one hand i'm not highly invested but on the other hand if she's giving me buds i still want them to be decent.

what do you reckon? should i just keep waiting or get her trimmed and get started cloning?

Edited by bluepiggytails

I would cut them or take clones. If they are starting to reveg they shouldn’t be producing any reproductive growth and concentrating on vegetative so if you leave it you could reveg or otherwise your going to have some long, odd straggly looking buds

i am keen to do some cloning now we're in spring and to harvest because its been torturous watching her grow and not being able to smoke her.

but in theory i could leave her to grow and make use of the longer days that will be coming and reveg for a while and then she will go back to flowering later and she will just pick up where she left off?

thanks so much for your responses, it means a lot :)

I'd just cut the buds and leave a few leaves /bud for it to reveg

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk

Yeah agree ^^^ cut the bud off, leave some foliage on. Reveg her then cut clones if anything or cut clones, take buds - reveg. But don’t just let her go

excellent! haha definitely not letting her get away so easily.

i cut off the buds, i was actually super surprised how much was in there.

i've strung the buds on some thread and they're hanging up in a cool dark place.

because she's so small i thought i'd try cloning a few different parts, so i basically have some leaf stalks, a part of the stem and i thought i'd try a part that had a little bit of bud still on it.

with the stalk bit i actually cut off the tip top of the plant and then from the top trimmed the buds off then cut the stalk off. i have a feeling that if none of them root, this one will be the one that does. i'm really nervous and excited.

attempt at cloning

hopefully just another couple of weeks till i have completed my first ever grow :) couldn't have done it without everyones help