My first grow in about 30 years - 3 weeks

Greetings fellow enthusiasts!

I am guessing I will be asking for a heap of advice over the next few months as it has been a very long time since I've done this - and this time I will be doing it outdoors - in pots - because I can!

So - I started these from seeds I snagged from some weed I got from a friend of a friend of a friend and the info I have on the plant is very limited but the original seeds were sent from South America to a relative here. My hub has seen a pic of the plants and said they weren't overly tall (outdoor grow) but were very "bushy".  And also judging by the effects on me when smoked I am guessing they might be an Indica strain. Sativa's can make me a little paranoidy.  I guess it's too early to tell by the pic but any thoughts would be appreciated!

Why did I start so many? I wasn't at all confident I could get them to grow at ALL - given that in the last few years I have even managed to kill succulents and other plants that should be easy to grow =)

Anyhoo ( yes I'm a talker but only while writing) I can't find a LOT of info on when to transfer the seedlings to pots and would appreciate any info.  The weather here has been totally shit since I planted them and there have only been about 5 sunny days in 3 weeks (fucking Victoria!). They are in a little greenhouse contraption but I have noticed a little yellowing on the tips of a couple of them and wondering if this could be a) because of too much water or B) because there is no fucking sun or c) because they have been a little cold a couple of nights.  They are in a non-nutrient soil and perlite mix.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to picking your collective brains.

post-64393-0-65668100-1537745216_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

They are a little behind for three weeks old but out doors you get what Mother Nature gives you.

My 4 week inside babies aren’t much further along than yours really.

With the pic I could t see the yellow tips. Yellow tips normally mean a nutrient burn. So if your feeding them maybe make a weaker mix next time. If your not feeding them I guess the media maybe abit hot. I would just monitor and see how they go.

Good luck and hope you have an enjoyable run

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

high welcome to to forums!

22 seedling will quickly become 10ish

there are a few slower seedlings, either cull or some how mark as 'slow growing'

you'll want the strongest of your female seedlings

too early to transfer (well, you CAN, but...) give them a few more weeks,

they look to be just past the single-root stage and should be spending their time growing extra roots, don't mess that up by transplanting just yet

it's time to introduce nutrients, many people choose to start slow and work their way up to full-strength

I've just run out of words...