Rust spots and yellow leaves.

Hi guys first time poster. I hope someone can easily help me out.

I have these rusty spots on my leaves followed by yellow leaves not long later.

I bought a digital soil ph meter and it shows a ph of 6.5.

I did some googling and i think its a magnesium issue.

So i bought some charlie carp from bunnings and added at half strength.

Now its been a week and they are still getting worse.

So ive turned to you guys for some advice as to what be my next move. Thx guys pics bellow.post-64252-153727019063_thumb.jpegpost-64252-153727019724_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

hi porky i do have these tiny little flies that run around the soil and fly about. i dont know the name of them but my best description is they are similar to sand flies.

ive hung a sticky tape thing for bugs and just now sprayed with a eco organic pestacide. i hope it dosent harm them as it was vegie safe so i took a punt.

i just gave a light watering with some charlie carp i hope they bounce back.

^^ agree. Fungus gnats are little bastards that like damp soil. What they will do is lay their eggs in the soil which will hatch and feed on your roots for food. They also can come in through the holes in the bottom of your pots. Ways to get rid of them is keep the soil dry on the top layer, Neem soil drench should kill larvae, cut up cubes of potato about 1cm under the soil should attract the larvae and kill them. Keeping wind around the plant and above the soil as the do not like the wind. Also to stop them getting in the bottom I use fabric pots which help with that. They also are attracted to yellow so the yellow sticky traps are good, also have read on little apple cider vinegar in water tricks where they drown in them. However I have the odd ones now and then I find they are more annoying than anything unless you got a infestation. They also sometimes land on the sugar trim and get stuck. Yum gnat bud! [emoji1365]

cheers guys. sorry its been so long for a reply but for some reason my phone app no longer works ( something about conection issue) and my pc says the site is unsafe and wouldnt let me access it.

the eco spray seems to have worked well as i cant really see any gnats flying around or in the loose soil.

i also went and bought some canna terra to replace the charlie carp and they seem to have made a really good go at recovery. starting to get heaps of new growth and its all a nice shade of green no rusty spots.

thanks heaps guys i was starting to get real worried that id have to start again.

baked cake ill give that potato advice a go. thx again