Found a fantastic video on lights....thought some may be interested

The Professor was talking about top of the line LEDs, as to 1.5 times better and 5-10 times the cost.

As far as I could tell the studies had to do more with commercial situations than home grows. It was instituted by an energy company investigation grant.

That makes sense. I totally agree... for a large scale grow, the cost of quality LED's is still too high.

As someone who has switched from hps to HGL led, I wish I had done it sooner

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Nice, HGL lights are the shit. Which lights are you running? I've got 4x QB288 v2, each of them with a 200w Meanwell driver.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone tried importing qb288 derivatives direct from China instead of paying quickblooms overpriced ridiculousness. A qb288 is about 100 each, 150 worth of heatsink and 150 for a driver. Something around the equivalent of a hlg550 should only cost 700, not 1500. I just ordered something similar to this... https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F332914574077

I got 2 lots of the 2 board kit for about 600aud. I might replace the two drivers with a single one later down the track and use these to make a cob array. That is of course if the chinese product arrives as promised...

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Has anyone tried importing qb288 derivatives direct from China instead of paying quickblooms overpriced ridiculousness. A qb288 is about 100 each, 150 worth of heatsink and 150 for a driver. Something around the equivalent of a hlg550 should only cost 700, not 1500. I just ordered something similar to this... https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F332914574077

I got 2 lots of the 2 board kit for about 600aud. I might replace the two drivers with a single one later down the track and use these to make a cob array. That is of course if the chinese product arrives as promised...

Have a look at atreumlighting.com mate based in US. And there's a local place cutters. Com. Au I think

Have a look at atreumlighting.com mate based in US. And there's a local place cutters. Com. Au I think

Same shit Papa, overpriced. Is growmau5 working for cutter now? I thought he had a gig with chilLED? Hopefully my ebay friends from China are vewy honnawable and I get the quantum board kits I ordered at half the price and they work... only time will tell.

Same shit Papa, overpriced. Is growmau5 working for cutter now? I thought he had a gig with chilLED? Hopefully my ebay friends from China are vewy honnawable and I get the quantum board kits I ordered at half the price and they work... only time will tell.

Not too sure. They don't stock any of the new mau5 stuff. Maybe it's an old arrangement. It's the sol skin stuff that caught my eye

Not too sure. They don't stock any of the new mau5 stuff. Maybe it's an old arrangement. It's the sol skin stuff that caught my eye

As far as I can tell solskin just looks like a rebranded equivalent of any other quantum board kit... the spectrum charts are exactly the same, they use the same meanwell drivers, and most importantly the price is the same. To light my 3-4 square metre canopy would cost over 4k. Buying the kits I have direct from china will easily half that, meaning I'll see the savings and ppfd benefit much sooner. At the price these guys like cutter and quickbloom sell them it would take multiple grows before they paid for themselves, unless you sell commercially maybe, but for a self sufficient grower it's just not viable at 300 a board. Do you run quantums Papa?