Found a fantastic video on lights....thought some may be interested

Boring as bat shit. Give me a razor blade. lol

LED 1.5 times better than HPS, at 5-10 times the price. When looked at as a cost - efficiency effective production system, big business still comes out on the HPS side.

For a small room grower may well benefit from the LED focus, but still has to take into account spectrum, cost outlays and saving return % over time.

Also BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, the argument still goes on.

You funny guy lol

I didn't say it, just quoting the Professor in the interview. Did you bother to watch the vid?

As to my interpretation of the vid, read the last line of my post.

Also I don't particularly care what lights anyone uses, that is up to individual choice, I only know what I prefer.

Are LED's really 5-10x the price of HPS though?

I just bought another 400w HLG quantum board setup. The total cost was $456, including $60 delivery from USA.

Replacing the globes on HPS also should be taken into account when making this comparison. LED's can last decades, thats a lot of HPS bulbs.

If you're growing large scale, yes I agree LED's are still too expensive to switch outright. But for small to medium sized grows, LED is the way.

The electricity bill savings mean LED's can often pay for themselves in 1 or 2 cycles. For example, right now my electricity costs running LED is around $500 per year. If I was running HPS, that cost would be more like $1000. So in just 1 year, I've saved $500 on electricity, enough to pay for the initial 400w LED setup.

• Upvote 1