Mixing nutrients

See I accidentally left my pH pen in a cup of nute water I made up. It read 6.0 last night but this morning I woke up to it reading 6.8 so I'm thinking this shit (gh3part) takes a while to find equilibrium??? Bit worrying because usually I'd make it up and use it within an hour. I also let my water breath for a few days before using it. So now im wondering Is my pH pen off or should I be making up feeds a day or 2 ahead of time???

EC can fluctuate with certain nutes/additives, even your water supply can at times take a bit to stabilise.

If that's the case, use the aerated water, mix the batch up, test it in a few minutes afterwards, and use ph up or down to bring it back in range. Some nutes will creep a bit like you mentioned for some time. But it's all trial & error until you get the hang of it.

Check the EC of your water before making a batch, if it's humming around 0.2 you generally got a good source of water. if it's higher, you may have to factor in that number when making a batch of nutes.

Say if your water is at 0.6, factor that number into the strength of the batch. If you want to settle on a nute batch strength of 5.0, you want it to have a final reading of 5.6

• Upvote 1