Led to supplement hps?

Yeah I'm an overthinker. That's why I post here. I've got a light meter and I have the back edge at about 20k lumens. My question was more so about the colours from the vipar versus the hps. Would the extra colour from the vipars in any way impact the flower? Better leaving it at the lower lumens on hps only knowing that's the correct colour for flower?

Yeah, I'm an overthinker!

MLG

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Depends on what u have planned

If u have continuous type grow planned( veg n flower at same time) it probably be much more economic to run some form of led during veg n use hps etc for your flower room

If u plan to run 1 grow at a time depending on your running budget u could go either way

If yield is important hps etc is the way to go

If u don't need a lot u could get away with a GOOD QUALITY led to do both

Check your state power prices , u should be able to work what u can or can't afford to run

For example 18 hrs / day if u got 1 hps light for veg is gonna cost about 400 to $600 for the quarter

Many factors determine what is best for your application

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Yep that's true. For me vipars for Veg and hps for flower. I don't prefer autos because of the 18hrs electricity all the way through. Veg photos under the led (cheaper than equivalent hps) then 12 hrs a day under hps. And if you've got solar panels the flower period is pretty much no cost. MLG

• Upvote 1

So to dig up an old post but i was in the same boat mlg my cupboard had a spot that the hps wasnt reaching. So i rigged up my little mars led on its side to pick up the shadded spot.

Now i know i get told it was something esle but something weird happened.

The plant. Only 1 that was being lit up by the blurple led started to get red stems. Now i thought bah its probably a nutrient thing. But it was only on the branches and stems facing the led. The other side of the plant that was being fed by the hps was fine.

Anyway im probably wrong but i stopped the led because i thought it might be doing something bad.

Any thoughts?

So to dig up an old post but i was in the same boat mlg my cupboard had a spot that the hps wasnt reaching. So i rigged up my little mars led on its side to pick up the shadded spot.

The plant. Only 1 that was being lit up by the blurple led started to get red stems. Now i thought bah its probably a nutrient thing. But it was only on the branches and stems facing the led. The other side of the plant that was being fed by the hps was fine.

Anyway im probably wrong but i stopped the led because i thought it might be doing something bad.

Any thoughts?

I grow under led and all my stems have always come out redish/purple. I thought it was an issue at first but plants are always happy and healthy. I have found tho a little more calmag is needed with the blurple type leds.

post-10133-0-74375800-1543982517_thumb.jpg

Any thoughts?

When I was considering my situation, I figured some light is better than none. I've done a full grow under a vipar and would never have said it caused problems, just lower yields because its light spectrum is more suited to veg.

I now almost always veg under the vipar led and flower under the hps.

MLG