Led to supplement hps?

So I've got a 400w hps in my space. I can tell by my light meter that I'm not getting to the edges on one side no matter how I adjust it. I'm not in a tent so don't get any reflectivity off walls.

Any harm putting one of my viparspectra 300s which I normally use for Veg on the edge and having it work there?

Or is it better to leave it out altogether?

Any downsides?

I flipped to 12/12 on the 1st August.

MLG

post-61631-153541630397_thumb.jpegpost-61631-153541631048_thumb.jpegpost-61631-153541631574_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

You would be sweet in my opinion. You should just paint a matte white and make a temp box around it to help reflect the light - could use wood or maybe even cardboard or get some big cuts on polystyrene

Cheers BC. It's a hobby that's grown bigger than I imagined and I've made purchases along the way. My first grow was under one vipar and I reckon I got 1/2 oz.. lol.

You're right, I'll get around to boxing it up somehow after this grow. Plenty of wasted lights from that hps going nowhere.

MLG

not sure if it's a help to you mlg but here's a new shango los vid with a guy from California Lightworks

some interesting info especially on cannabis light spectrum

HID vs LED

https://youtu.be/H92g1SFFDKo

Thanks Itchy. I'll have a look. From my previous research into it I know the spectrum from my vipars is good for Veg and confirmed it. With my NL they stay nice and squat to the point I wish they'd stretch a little more in veg so I didn't have to defol so much! Hps for flower as most ppl know. The question in my head was about a combination of both. But yes... I should watch the vid! Thanks again. MLG