My first wardrobe attempt

depending on weather/temps , 10 to 14 days drying sounds bout right to me 

& going into jars too early isn't a good thing

temps are the main thing i try & control , keeping them no higher than 26c 

once temps are round 25-26 , humidity is like your accelerator , lower the humidity 

the faster she drys which isn't necessarily a good thing

def get that bag or 2 , it'll help you move a lill slower to want to harvest 

careful with taking plants outdoor & back in , you generally take more life in than you took out 

sometimes that's good , often it's not 

depending on weather/temps , 10 to 14 days drying sounds bout right to me

& going into jars too early isn't a good thing

temps are the main thing i try & control , keeping them no higher than 26c

once temps are round 25-26 , humidity is like your accelerator , lower the humidity

the faster she drys which isn't necessarily a good thing

def get that bag or 2 , it'll help you move a lill slower to want to harvest

careful with taking plants outdoor & back in , you generally take more life in than you took out

sometimes that's good , often it's not

Thanks bro. Yep I've heard that taking them in and out is not a good idea but the nice sunny day was too tempting so I put the clones and a couple of new seedlings up on the lid of an old washing machine in backyard so at least they were off the ground. They seemed to like it and dried out a bit faster after watering which was good coz I think I still have the soil a bit heavy although it is about 50% perlite now so can't be too bad.

One is growing quicker and strong but it could be a male or just coz it's a different strain. I'm trying Skunk Star and GG Allin this time along with a couple of my first clones, one I'm going to train into a low mother and get rid of the tall one once she's done flowering. Or maybe re veg it for some bigger clones for outdoors, will see how I go. Having so much fun though. Was thinking of putting some clover in there, it's doing well in the lawn so do you think it would be good to grow around the base of my plants?

I have let some Purslane grow and I think it helps create a micro climate. I keep it short, pull the top leaves and stem off and I eat it. I don't mind it and I heard it's full of nutrients and I need more greens in my diet so what the hell.

I checked my worm farm today and it's doing well. Heaps of juveniles. Hopefully they don't mind the coloured ink newspaper bedding. I mix it up with leaves and paper towel. There's a lot of activity down the bottom and they were feeding up the top as well.

I don't get much in the way of tea, unless I flush water through it but it never really builds up too much by itself. I just take the castings by scraping it off the inside edges of the tubs around the bedding.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Need some help identifying the best time to harvest. Here's some close ups of the trics. I'm pretty sure most have gone from clear to milky. Hopefully some will be amber soon because I'm getting seriously impatient and can't stop looking at them. A day or two maybe? Seems like it's taking longer than it should. Perhaps this strain will be better if I take it while milky before they go amber at all. Or maybe I'm just not zooming in enough.

What do you guys think? Can you see the pics good enough?

post-42695-153653999705_thumb.png

Hope this helps [emoji106]

• Upvote 1

Thanks bro. Yep I've heard that taking them in and out is not a good idea but the nice sunny day was too tempting so I put the clones and a couple of new seedlings up on the lid of an old washing machine in backyard so at least they were off the ground. They seemed to like it and dried out a bit faster after watering which was good coz I think I still have the soil a bit heavy although it is about 50% perlite now so can't be too bad.

One is growing quicker and strong but it could be a male or just coz it's a different strain. I'm trying Skunk Star and GG Allin this time along with a couple of my first clones, one I'm going to train into a low mother and get rid of the tall one once she's done flowering. Or maybe re veg it for some bigger clones for outdoors, will see how I go. Having so much fun though. Was thinking of putting some clover in there, it's doing well in the lawn so do you think it would be good to grow around the base of my plants?

I have let some Purslane grow and I think it helps create a micro climate. I keep it short, pull the top leaves and stem off and I eat it. I don't mind it and I heard it's full of nutrients and I need more greens in my diet so what the hell.

I checked my worm farm today and it's doing well. Heaps of juveniles. Hopefully they don't mind the coloured ink newspaper bedding. I mix it up with leaves and paper towel. There's a lot of activity down the bottom and they were feeding up the top as well.

I don't get much in the way of tea, unless I flush water through it but it never really builds up too much by itself. I just take the castings by scraping it off the inside edges of the tubs around the bedding.

indoor grown plants generally pep up when taken outdoors 

you'll have to keep playing with ya soil mix but keep in mind 

the more aeration you put in a pot the less food you put in that pot 

never grown skunk star but i have GG & like her allot 

living mulch is a good idea , more roots = faster moisture consumption & clover is a nitrogen fixing dynamic accumulator  

what is a nitrogen fixing plant = They contain symbiotic bacteria called Rhizobia within nodules in a root systems,

producing nitrogen compounds that help the plant to grow and compete with other

plants. When the plant dies, the fixed nitrogen is released, making it available to other 

plants and this helps to fertilize the soil.

dynamic accumulator   = is a term used in the permaculture and organic farming literature to indicate plants that

gather certain minerals or nutrients from the soil and store them in a more bioavailable

form and in high concentration in their tissues, then the plant gets pulled & used as fertilizer

or just to improve the mulch.

you'll still need straw mulch , at some point the main plant in the pot will shade out the cover crop & it will start to struggle 

this is when you cover & kill the cover crop with straw & turn the cover crop into food 

keep in mind this works much better in larger pots 

when you say tea you mean leachate , aka worm wee , the more full on the farm gets the more worm wee you have 

not that you'll be swimming in it or anything 

worms really like cardboard & waste like that but it doesn't offer plants much in the worms castings , the better food you give them

the better the resulting castings will be 

• Upvote 2

indoor grown plants generally pep up when taken outdoors

you'll have to keep playing with ya soil mix but keep in mind

the more aeration you put in a pot the less food you put in that pot

never grown skunk star but i have GG & like her allot

living mulch is a good idea , more roots = faster moisture consumption & clover is a nitrogen fixing dynamic accumulator

what is a nitrogen fixing plant = They contain symbiotic bacteria called Rhizobia within nodules in a root systems,

producing nitrogen compounds that help the plant to grow and compete with other

plants. When the plant dies, the fixed nitrogen is released, making it available to other

plants and this helps to fertilize the soil.

dynamic accumulator = is a term used in the permaculture and organic farming literature to indicate plants that

gather certain minerals or nutrients from the soil and store them in a more bioavailable

form and in high concentration in their tissues, then the plant gets pulled & used as fertilizer

or just to improve the mulch.

you'll still need straw mulch , at some point the main plant in the pot will shade out the cover crop & it will start to struggle

this is when you cover & kill the cover crop with straw & turn the cover crop into food

keep in mind this works much better in larger pots

when you say tea you mean leachate , aka worm wee , the more full on the farm gets the more worm wee you have

not that you'll be swimming in it or anything

worms really like cardboard & waste like that but it doesn't offer plants much in the worms castings , the better food you give them

the better the resulting castings will be

Thanks guys. The worms get a lot of banana skins apple, all the leaves I take from the plants etc but I might give them some chook shit see if that improves things. I bought some guano as well but will use that on the plants when they are settled into bigger pots. Also got some more coco perlite and spagnum along with some more bags of organic compost and cheapest potting mix. The old cow manure I'm gonna put in my compost to get that happening faster after adding some to my new soil mix. Will let you know how it goes when I get my new babies into it and get some more clover growing too.

• Upvote 1