Bunnings Weather Station

Hi everyone,

About to commence week six of flower in my first indoor grow and everything's looking good.

Was after opinions on the wireless weather stations available at Bunnings to monitor lights out temp and RH in my tent. Basically wanted to know about accuracy, signal strength (tent is in a semi-detached extension of a double brick house) and which ones don't have a backlight on the outdoor sensor.

Currently running a 6" axial fan with carbon filter as an exhaust, two cheap 6" clip fans for air movement and an IonMax Ion610 dehumidifier running into my passive intake. Tent is 900mm x 900mm.

The dehumidifier is on a timer to only work at night, as tent temps got up to around 32-34 when I tried to run it through the day. It was keeping the daytime humidity between 30 and 40 when it was on through the day, and I checked RH the morning after adding the timer a few minutes before lights on and it was 44%. I forgot to check temp because it was before 6:30am and my main concern was the humidity (which I think was ok but am willing to stand corrected). My main concern now is that there might only be a minimal, if any, fluctuation in temps between day and night, hence my wanting a wireless weather station.

Also happy for any pointers on my post as well, as this is my first one. Have I over or under shared? Have I explained myself clearly?

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

About to commence week six of flower in my first indoor grow and everything's looking good.

Was after opinions on the wireless weather stations available at Bunnings to monitor lights out temp and RH in my tent. Basically wanted to know about accuracy, signal strength (tent is in a semi-detached extension of a double brick house) and which ones don't have a backlight on the outdoor sensor.

Currently running a 6" axial fan with carbon filter as an exhaust, two cheap 6" clip fans for air movement and an IonMax Ion610 dehumidifier running into my passive intake. Tent is 900mm x 900mm.

The dehumidifier is on a timer to only work at night, as tent temps got up to around 32-34 when I tried to run it through the day. It was keeping the daytime humidity between 30 and 40 when it was on through the day, and I checked RH the morning after adding the timer a few minutes before lights on and it was 44%. I forgot to check temp because it was before 6:30am and my main concern was the humidity (which I think was ok but am willing to stand corrected). My main concern now is that there might only be a minimal, if any, fluctuation in temps between day and night, hence my wanting a wireless weather station.

Also happy for any pointers on my post as well, as this is my first one. Have I over or under shared? Have I explained myself clearly?

Thanks.

44%? You'll be fine.

Wish I had the pleasure of growing in that range. In the past it usually averaged out around 55%-75% (peaked at other times), to which did see me lose the odd bud to mold.

Oregon Scientific have a good range. I bought a model a few years back that has three remote temp and humidity sensors and the main base unit. Still working great, except one sensor has died after too much water ingress....my fault :) Try amazon. Signal goes through five walls and around 20m. Edited by Willie Wag