Crazy Ventilation idea...Please don't flame me

Micmac is correct, don't do it.

That vent is to allow noxious gases out of the septic system, alter that system in ANY way and it is no longer compliant.

Those pipes need to be a set size for a set system, a vent in vent setup needs bigger exhaust than standard.

If a plumber installs that system he then has to comply with a differing set of rules and those noxious gases still have to be managed (via your room in this case)

Have a build up of back pressure and you'll, without doubt, grow some shit weed lol

I cannot imagine you having a fan powerful enough to push air down a small sewer line.

And I am not convinced your one way valve thing is compliant.  why on earth have a vent, if it cannot vent ? its never going to want to suck air in from the outside, you might as well just cap the thing..

It's a shit idea. lol

• Upvote 2

I cannot imagine you having a fan powerful enough to push air down a small sewer line.

And I am not convinced your one way valve thing is compliant.  why on earth have a vent, if it cannot vent ? its never going to want to suck air in from the outside, you might as well just cap the thing..

It's a shit idea. lol

Its a fair point re: having a fan powerful enough which I don't know the answer primarily due to the unknown pressure in the authority main.

In relation to the one-way valve, AS3500 (plumbing code) clause 6.9 says Air admittance valves can be used and from experience, they are commonplace in plumbing installations. See Studor.com.au