Size of hempy Buckets for Autos

Considering 4 hempy Buckets under a 400w for my next grow. Not a fan of autos anymore but I have beans which seem a shame to waste. Growing 2 of each strain (bubblegum and WW max), one is advertised as a 65 till harvest and the other 80 till harvest. Add 2 weeks I guess to those figures.

I've seen some 12 L square Buckets in bummings. I've normally heard 1 gal for each month of grow so they should be ok. I'm asking because I've always used fabric pots in the past so never had to worry about getting root bound so much.

Is a 12L hempy bucket setup OK for 3 months of grow? Won't get root bound?

MLG

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I reckon that would be plenty. I grew autos once and they were in 250mm pots.. roughly 6 litres. Didn’t have any issues except flowering length.

Maybe consider chucking the autos outside and grow some proper plants indoors ?

Thanks Billy. Outdoors is not an option for me. The bummings Buckets are squat which I reckon is good as the roots would hit the res sooner. I'll have only about 20cm of coco on top of the perlite res at the bottom. MLG

won’t the coco absorb the res ?

Absorb the res? I plan to put straight perlite in the res and just past the hole. Then fill with either straight coco or mix a bit a perlite. If there would be coco in the res then I'm guessing that's a recipe for root rot.

I've read ppl do a mix of medium above the res but res always perlite or clay balls.

MLG

Did you use straight perlite Billy?

I've read plenty about hempys and ppl do it different ways but straight coco above the res is also done. It wouldn't absorb as only the roots are hanging in the res. The coco is not touching the res so doesn't wick it up I think. I'll put perlite maybe another 1 inch above the hole to be sure.

Still got about 6 weeks wait as my others finish so plenty of thinking time :)

MLG