Bio Diesel - Green Diamond, cal/mag, potassium and sulfur levels.

**I have been trying to contact the company on both their website and Instagram with these questions but got no love. So who better to ask than ozstoners!**

So i picked up a 1 ltr set of the green diamond which is supposed to be a coco specific nutrient base.

I was a little surprised to see the cal/mag levels stated on the back.

While I'm certainly no expert in the matter, I can only base levels off of what I have used extensively, which is canna coco A/B, which I have found to work best in coco, duh? And Lucas formula, which has similar ranges to canna.

EDIT: was just comparing bottles again and found that green diamond doesn't have molybdenum in it, again(from all that I've learned), one of the essential nutrients for plant growth, huh?

There is no sulfur listed, as far as I'm aware it is one of the essential nutrients for plant growth? So where do plants get sulfur from with this base, printing mistake on the label maybe?

And then the potassium levels, from what I've read about feeding in coco, potassium levels should be at a lower concentration due to the way coco releases potassium, the high levels of potassium in GD combined with the low levels of Ca(too high k locks out Ca and vice versa as I understand it) seems strange again to me anyway.

Anyways the calcium and magnesium levels in the green diamond seem very low compared to other coco bases.

Also, 

Green Diamond:

Ca 1.9

Mg: 0.8

Canna Coco:

Ca: 5.3

Mg: 1.6

On thier feed chart their cal/mag product is called for until mid flower(from memory), but it costing 3x as much as about any other calmag, I for one won't be using it. Would a cal/mag product such as GH's be essential with green diamond?

I'm certainly not shitting on green diamond. Im just very curious how this base obviously grows great plants(only need to take one look on Instagram to see the evidence) with such different ratios to normal coco bases. 

Hope that made enough sense.

Much thanks for any help.

Edited by Xanode

I use H&G and I had a look on the bottle for info but it doesnt state much. Part A Has the calcium and part B has the Magnesium in it. H&G dont do cal/mag and from what I have been told is they have enough in there not to need it as a supplement. Maybe on their website there is more info but I would be interested in seeing H&G's levels. I would say green diamonds levels of cal/mag are quite low if they need to sell it as a supplement. I find with H&G most of the time I dont need cal/mag, though some plants feed differently than others.

Yep a lot of the bottles of nutrients u buy lack in cal mag , as it is generally available in your average water

There was actually a show on ABC that studied bottled water as opposed to tap water

It was found that the mineral count in the tap water was significantly higher than bottled water

So yes there is calcium n magnesium in your town water or tap water

Although sometimes not sufficient but in rare occasions in this the case

Treated or filtered water may have a need for a cal/ mag supplements depending on variables

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

so, anyone got any results from using the biodiesel nutrient range? I've only used biodiesel guano bloom to date and had great results on a dozen autos... masses of trichomes... and i'm far from being a seasoned grower but never seen so many trichomes underneath the leaves along the edges and veins... outstanding results! i've just purchased the whole range tho yet to get the Rhino K, for a 36 site sog r-dwc perpetual grow i'm in the process of getting up and running. I've got 3 to 4 weeks left on an r-dwc bucket with power africa fast and white widow fast then i'll fit the new pond into my 3 x 3 and give this new system a crack using the full range of biodiesel nutes.