first time grower - 4 plants and 2 different issues. help please!

When I bought my first ever seeds at Bristol Genuine Seed Bank, (plug for a great shop if you're ever in UK) the old west country farmer behind the counter grabbed my hand, and said "just don't kill em with kindness son, you just leave them be until they need you"

So I then proceeded to kill my first 3 attempted plants with kindness, before I found this helpful community with info for aussie conditions.

Leaving it longer than you think you should as a first timer is better than giving it too much attention. I had to force myself to only look at them every few days, unfortunately lost some beautiful before I learnt patience [emoji23]

Over watering a common mistake we all have made at some point. I use Canna terra all the time and found it does not like anything but Canna terra nutes. Weird but that is what I have found. In cool weather I probably only water every four or five days.

Not weird at all brick. I thought I read somewhere that there are 2 types of canna terra, Professional and Professional + (citation needed). One of them was developed to be used with the terra nutes to complement the soil amendments.

EDIT: The Pro + is organic and contains trace elements

Edited by nici

When I bought my first ever seeds at Bristol Genuine Seed Bank, (plug for a great shop if you're ever in UK) the old west country farmer behind the counter grabbed my hand, and said "just don't kill em with kindness son, you just leave them be until they need you"

So I then proceeded to kill my first 3 attempted plants with kindness, before I found this helpful community with info for aussie conditions.

Leaving it longer than you think you should as a first timer is better than giving it too much attention. I had to force myself to only look at them every few days, unfortunately lost some beautiful before I learnt patience [emoji23]

Yep the best advice I got was to LITFA (Leave It The Fuck Alone) :D I grow in soil with a 200w led and roughly water every 3 days in growth with about 20% runoff and 2 days in flower. I leave the excess runoff in the tray to be reabsorbed and flush with plain water every 3-4 waterings.

Nici is most likely correct re cal, mag. Excess water in the root zone creates malabsorbtion. The plant can't respire properly at night either. This then leads to fungal infections.

Don't stress. Issues identified and solutions given by some experienced growers. Your in good hands here. :-)

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by ShitsNGiggles

Nici is most likely correct re cal, mag. Excess water in the root zone creates malabsorbtion. The plant can't respire properly at night either. This then leads to fungal infections.

Don't stress. Issues identified and solutions given by some experienced growers. Your in good hands here. :-)

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

thanks mate (and everyone else!), I do feel a bit better now. you guys are awesome :D  I'll report back here in a few days and see how its all recovering.

It's been about 3 days now since the last feed, so I'll probably give them something tomorrow (with enough cal/mag and nitrogen) and see how we go from there.

I hope it isn't a fungal infection and that they'll bounce back.

Yep the best advice I got was to LITFA (Leave It The Fuck Alone) :D I grow in soil with a 200w led and roughly water every 3 days in growth with about 20% runoff and 2 days in flower. I leave the excess runoff in the tray to be reabsorbed and flush with plain water every 3-4 waterings.

Nici - do you think its worth giving mine a flush with plain water anyway?

And for the record I have Canna Terra Professional (not the " + " version)