Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help. I have a premises that i am growing in that has 3 phase power. I am currently just using the normal power sockets to run my lights, fans etc through but can’t run anymore lights as the total load for the building is at it’s maximum now. I was wondering if somehow switching to using the 3 phase power would let me run more lights? I am guessing that is the case but how do you go about doing that as the 3 phase power points are completely different. Is there an adapter you can buy? And, the most obvious question, can i run a ballast through a 3 phase power point or would it burn it out or destroy it due to the voltage being different? Sorry if some of these questions seem obvious, but I’m no electrician, and am trying to find some solid advice here. Ive been trawling google for hours trying to find an answer but to no avail. Some help would be awesome. Thanks

I'm pretty sure those 3 phase power points your talking about are 415 volts, probably can isolate the phases at the 415 volt power point, but you will need a sparky, or do some homework. Best not to play with it unless you know what your doing. If you try and run a ballast through 415 volts it will get fried straight away. 

What he said, they use 2 phases to get 415, totally different used for heavy machinery n the like

At the end of the day u need a new circuit , don't think that would take it over maximum demand for the board especially if u don't use 3 phase gear

Don't quote me been a long time since I played with that stuff

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Not cheap, will do what you are after though.

You will have to match the amperage of the 3phase plug top with the available 3phase outlet.....,,,if that makes sense.

Meaning you will need a 32a 3phase 5pin socket outlet at the wall for this particular product.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Powerboard-32A-3-phase-to-1-x-240v-F20A-RCDBO-protected-outlet-/112231584924

post-62971-0-75265400-1532900879_thumb.jpeg

You’ll probs find something more appropriate with a better internet search than what I did. Better still, go down to your local electrical wholesaler, see what they have.

Be safe.

• Upvote 1

What he said, they use 2 phases to get 415, totally different used for heavy machinery n the like

At the end of the day u need a new circuit , don't think that would take it over maximum demand for the board especially if u don't use 3 phase gear

Don't quote me been a long time since I played with that stuff

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Yes I need a new circuit. The building definitely can take a lot more, but I’ve only got a couple of different circuits, and the load on them is almost up to the limit on each one. Safety is always my first priority, so I never try and overload. Wish I knew a good, trustworthy sparky to come and install a new circuit. Bummer [emoji53]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Not cheap, will do what you are after though.

You will have to match the amperage of the 3phase plug top with the available 3phase outlet.....,,,if that makes sense.

Meaning you will need a 32a 3phase 5pin socket outlet at the wall for this particular product.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Powerboard-32A-3-phase-to-1-x-240v-F20A-RCDBO-protected-outlet-/112231584924

attachicon.gifB9830C15-0E71-41DA-B220-20AD465F2CFC.jpeg

You’ll probs find something more appropriate with a better internet search than what I did. Better still, go down to your local electrical wholesaler, see what they have.

Be safe.

Thanks Blu. Will def check it out to see if it will do the job [emoji106]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app