Scrog net

Hey Aqua,

Yes, you can use trailer nets BUT

1. As the plant grows it will push the netting up, so to keep the growth low you may need to secure the middle of the net to something heavy, I used to use a bessa block in the middle of my grow space as a tiedown. Sooty is correct in that     I now have a solid steel net as the netting closest to the pot, then 2 trailer nets above to support the growth, but allow flexibility.

2. Those $10 nets are ok for a grow or two but often the cheaper nets are not UV stabilized and they breakdown and lose their elasticity. But they will do for a grow or two.

Now, I have seen someone use a piece of cement reinforcing mesh sitting on bricks as a SCROG net BUT the netting moved, fell off the bricks, snapping stems. DON'T DO THAT. Snapped stems weep and the weeping encourages mould. I have also seen someone make up a stand using electrical conduit tube to hold the reinforcing mesh up, with zippy ties securing the mesh so it doesn't move/fall and this seemed to work OK.

Hope it helps

Merl1n 

Thanks MLG and Merl1n. I was going to use cable ties to secure it or stretch it and use the tie down to secure it. After reading this I might rig up a slight plastic strip in the middle for extra control that goes to the sides as well. UV is easy to fix I just need to go to my old work and get some proofing to coat it in.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Those nets have far to much slack to be used as a scrog net. I attempted using something similar and was very disappointed. I rigged up the timber frame and used nylon string and I'm very happy with the result. It needs a frame unless ur using a strong material like metal for the net.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk