Oct-12h

Nov-12h30m

Dec-12h50m

Jan-13h

Feb-12h45m

How would this work then? Thanks

not sure where you got those times

have a look here 

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/australia/cairns?month=9 , any time from 16 Sept, days are longer the 12hrs

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/australia/cairns?month=3, around 27th March 2019, days get shorter.

hope this helps.

Edit: Dam! should have read thread properly!...itchybromusic is onto it!

Edited by ..............................

Sorry guys just trying to get my head around this, so on 5th october civil twilight is over 13h, the days start getting shorter on 23rd december, civil twilight drops below 13h on march 8th. Will they flower then on the shorter days or when twilight reaches back under 13 hours, I understand strains can make a difference. If i wanted to avoid april wet season to pick instead in say may (also cooler weather for helping with density?) planting would be best when? Or would a strain with mould resistance fix the issue. Sorry for the barrage of questions!

Sorry guys just trying to get my head around this, so on 5th october civil twilight is over 13h, the days start getting shorter on 23rd december, civil twilight drops below 13h on march 8th. Will they flower then on the shorter days or when twilight reaches back under 13 hours, I understand strains can make a difference. If i wanted to avoid april wet season to pick instead in say may (also cooler weather for helping with density?) planting would be best when? Or would a strain with mould resistance fix the issue. Sorry for the barrage of questions!

Longer light means the plants looks at creating vegetative growth (stem & leaf), once this falls below a certain amount of light required (eg 13 hours) then the plants will switch and start looking at producing flowers as part of its photoperiod (plants clock for knowing when to vege or flower). So if that’s the case depending when flowering starts you want a longer flowering strain, vegging them later or earlier won’t change it unless autos of course as the plants won’t start flowering until such given time the photoperiod changes

december or jan is a good starting time also, the worst storms tend to happen oct thru november,.  in well prepped ground the average sativa strain will reach 5 ft plus by april if stuck in the ground in december, later season grows are good for sleath reasons where medium size is the goal

Is cooler weather in the tropics neccessary for dense bud production? Like can they form decently in summer, or do you need cooler nights like in winter (say 10 15 degrees over night) so they fill out better? Just what I've always been told..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk