Ok, i grow over winter only, for 12months of personal smoko.

Now, when its harvest time i have an abundance of buds,

After drying and curing, i  put canna in glass jars, in a cool, dark, dry spot to try and preserve as much as possible.

Now, when it gets to this time of year, im usually down to the bottom of said jars, and buds are dry,

Must be bout  11 or so months old.

Thinking about vac sealing excess canna, maybe in 2oz lots and into freezer?

Was reading somewhere that some of you do this, (cant find the thread, stoner) 

what do you think?

does it effect the canna much at all?

any do's n dont's ?

I vacuum and freeze once the cure is right for my taste, comes out just like it goes in. Have kept it for a year like this with no noticeable difference, just dont over vacuum and dont be rough when its frozen. Best to keep the vacuumed portions in a hard container.  

• Upvote 2

I vacuum and freeze once the cure is right for my taste, comes out just like it goes in. Have kept it for a year like this with no noticeable difference, just dont over vacuum and dont be rough when its frozen. Best to keep the vacuumed portions in a hard container.

G day hermananian,

Ive read from a few sources that the freezer method actually damages the bud and can lead to mold. Guessing you’ve never experienced anything like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top idea Beginner Bud - I am gonna try that one !

Stevo

G day mate

I had my first grow last year and was thinking the same thing. Eventually I decided on the following:

First i cured them in glass mason jars (bought the jars from Kmart at $2 a piece and then picked up the proper lids and rings off eBay.
I used hygrometers to measure relative humidity and temp within each jar ($2 ones from eBay, cheap so they are only accurate to within 1 degree a 1% RH which is fine for me)

Originally I planned to vacuum seal it too but it just crushes the fuck out of my beautiful buds haha so instead I bought a $20 wide mouth jar vacuum sealer (google it and it will come up) and basically this attaches to your vacuum sealer, and then you add the lid to the jar and push the wide mouth jar vacuum sealer on top and then turn the sealer on and it creates a vacuum within the glass jar. This way my buds retain their beautiful shape and all the oxygen is sucked out so they buds stay super fresh too. And the good thing about this wide mouth jar vacuum sealer is you can re use this one to seal as many jars as you want. It’s simply used to take all the air out and push down the real lid.
And I can tell this has worked because a) the kid is suction’s down hard and you need to gently pop it off with a spoon (be careful not to damage the rubber steal so you can re use it) and b ) because I have hygrometers in each jar which monitors the temp and RH and the RH has remained the same for over a month now.

So yeah I can’t vouch for the quality of the buds in a years time as this is the first try, but shit I can’t imagine they won’t be perfect. The RH is still right within the cure zone so they are currently still curing whilst being stored and they are vacuum sealed so I am pretty confident they will remain pretty spot on as long as they are stored in a cool dark place.

Top idea Beginner Bud - I am gonna try that one !

Stevo

Thanks buddy!

It’s worked an absolute treat so far. Just popped a new jar and the buds smell even better than the first jar. I’m pretty confident it is still curing whilst under the vacuum. Especially since the hygrometers have not changed reading at all since they were sealed up. (Over 2 months now)

Once I pop a jar I take out about 10-15g and re seal the jar again to continue to preserve it. It’s super easy to re seal and cost nothing to do seeing as I just reuse the jar lids and rims (just have To be very careful when popping them to make sure you don’t damage the rubber seal)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was listening to the gml show and he was talking about curing in bags. Get the buds down to 45% humidity steadily (once the dehumidifier is off) and then vac seal the bag in the sealed room and it will cure at 45*.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

45f whatever that is in c lol

Fuck i meant 45% humidity, fuck sour diesel got me blayzed tonight!