Would you bother?

Is the searls okay for indoors? 

only if you would like to be fighting aphids Fungus Gnats, and spider mite

with my experience  with  Searls mix indoors a couple of times i was always fighting bugs!

any of that kinda mix indoors  imo has some lavae n eggs in the soil  just waiting for the right climate to invade...

was gonna try this as a top dresser https://glandorehydro.com/shop/growing-media/growstone-gnat-nix-9ltr-bag/

but went back to Canna Terra and have no problem with bugs what so ever.

• Upvote 1

Is the searls okay for indoors? I wonder why they would put these tiny bark pieces in the propagation mix in the photo!?? Because it’s high humidity when germinating you would think that would just be a breeding ground.

I wanted to find some magic recipe online... but it seems not many people make their own. There is a really good peat mix I can get locally but don’t know what else is in it. I wish I had a degree in plants , they are so fascinating haha

I have only used it outdoors. Only way to combat fucking termites. I use Canna Terra Professional potting mix with Canna nutes indoors. I just find it very easy to grow in if the bottle instructions are followed. Water PH before adding nutes 6.5 to 7 I have never looked at the PH after mixing nutes with the water. The plants don't seem to mind! So long as the wood chips are minimal you should be ok. But I have found heavy with wood = a lot of work and in my case disappointment.

The pic is 4 Bubblegum from Yantra. The middle pot is unknown. And yes I am a firm believer in the power of chrystals. All those plants are in Canna Terra and started off in Searls seed raising mix. Tried Osmocote once and it is shit. Yates also have a good seed raising mix. And yes again it is a 130 watt CFL. After a transplant I run them under a CFL until they get established then go up to MH. The plants are about 6-8 (cannot remember exactly and do not make notes lol) weeks from germination. Last pot size 8 litres that was the third pot size. So two transplants from seedling. I will leave them in those pots until harvest. Just some Chrissy smoko.

As for the reason they throw bark shit in the mix! IMO to take up space and make more profit. Like the Ferengi profit before quality!

post-15335-0-74103800-1532387757_thumb.jpg

Edited by brick

When I grew outdoors it was essential to have a living soil which only needed top dressing each combined with a cover crop over winter

Imagine setting up 5 or 6 major plots each year?

If u grow in soil it's the only way to go

Make it yourself or buy bags as it is now available ready to go, u want success this is the way forward

Itchy is really knowledgeable on this and other organic methods

U have gone to all the trouble to get your own supply but only to put them in rubbish

Doesn't make sense to me

U want them in the best mix u can adequate is not good enough!

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 1

I have only used it outdoors. Only way to combat fucking termites. I use Canna Terra Professional potting mix with Canna nutes indoors. I just find it very easy to grow in if the bottle instructions are followed. Water PH before adding nutes 6.5 to 7 I have never looked at the PH after mixing nutes with the water. The plants don't seem to mind! So long as the wood chips are minimal you should be ok. But I have found heavy with wood = a lot of work and in my case disappointment.

The pic is 4 Bubblegum from Yantra. The middle pot is unknown. And yes I am a firm believer in the power of chrystals. All those plants are in Canna Terra and started off in Searls seed raising mix. Tried Osmocote once and it is shit. Yates also have a good seed raising mix. And yes again it is a 130 watt CFL. After a transplant I run them under a CFL until they get established then go up to MH. The plants are about 6-8 (cannot remember exactly and do not make notes lol) weeks from germination. Last pot size 8 litres that was the third pot size. So two transplants from seedling. I will leave them in those pots until harvest. Just some Chrissy smoko.

As for the reason they throw bark shit in the mix! IMO to take up space and make more profit. Like the Ferengi profit before quality!

What do you think the crystals do for your plants brick?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

What do you think the crystals do for your plants brick?

I don't really know if they benefit them or not. The plants just seem to be better when growing. The vibe man the vibe. Maybe I feel better when I use them and that relates to the plants. If I'm not stressed I feel the plants aren't stressed. I remember the day when pyramids were the rage for growing. I built one out of 1/4 inch copper tube and put it over a very sad and sorry plant and it picked up and grew into a pretty decent smoke. I really don't know! lol It just seems right for me to use them. They were my wifes crystals, she used them to help keep her calm when she was fighting cancer, they seemed to help a lot, she did not survive but she just seemed calmer about the whole deal and more accepting of her fate. Am I crazy? Maybe, but I'm happy with any help I can get or conjure up! http://stylecaster.com/beauty/crystal-healing-guide/

I don't really know if they benefit them or not. The plants just seem to be better when growing. The vibe man the vibe. Maybe I feel better when I use them and that relates to the plants. If I'm not stressed I feel the plants aren't stressed. I remember the day when pyramids were the rage for growing. I built one out of 1/4 inch copper tube and put it over a very sad and sorry plant and it picked up and grew into a pretty decent smoke. I really don't know! lol It just seems right for me to use them. They were my wifes crystals, she used them to help keep her calm when she was fighting cancer, they seemed to help a lot, she did not survive but she just seemed calmer about the whole deal and more accepting of her fate. Am I crazy? Maybe, but I'm happy with any help I can get or conjure up! http://stylecaster.com/beauty/crystal-healing-guide/

Hey Brick,

You old Hippy! lol

My Mum is right into Crystals, swears by them!

She has a treasured crystal that a Yogi gave to her on one of her pilgrimage to India,

she wants it to be buried with her when the day comes lol

So there might be something to them....

• Upvote 1

I like crystals hanging with light making beautiful rainbows around a room. Those with wind chimes hallways calms me down. Feels closer to nature.

We use quartz in so many devices now. Whos to say what energy can be stored or used in crystals. If it feels right and helps people they should use it.

Sorry to hear about your wife and what you both went through.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

I don't really know if they benefit them or not. The plants just seem to be better when growing. The vibe man the vibe. Maybe I feel better when I use them and that relates to the plants. If I'm not stressed I feel the plants aren't stressed. I remember the day when pyramids were the rage for growing. I built one out of 1/4 inch copper tube and put it over a very sad and sorry plant and it picked up and grew into a pretty decent smoke. I really don't know! lol It just seems right for me to use them. They were my wifes crystals, she used them to help keep her calm when she was fighting cancer, they seemed to help a lot, she did not survive but she just seemed calmer about the whole deal and more accepting of her fate. Am I crazy? Maybe, but I'm happy with any help I can get or conjure up! http://stylecaster.com/beauty/crystal-healing-guide/

Thats really cool brick good on ya mate. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]. Your plants do look quite healthy too.

Hey Brick,

You old Hippy! lol

My Mum is right into Crystals, swears by them!

She has a treasured crystal that a Yogi gave to her on one of her pilgrimage to India,

she wants it to be buried with her when the day comes lol

So there might be something to them....

Ha ha, Yeah spose I am mate. I can see why she would treasure that! Yeah never discount stuff we cannot fully explain. I am not a god believer but do believe in the power of Earth Mother. I want to be buried with my silver fish eaten Hawaiian shirt and my clay bong that I bought at a flea market 1985 and my vinyl copy of Astral Weeks Van Morrison. lol 

• Upvote 2