Tent vent question

Howdy all,

I’m thinking of investing in a tent set up. 1x1x1.8 with a 600w mh/hps lamp.

Simple question for ventilation / light choice;

Is it sufficient to have a standard reflector with a good quality centrifugal fan for cooling / air flow or does a 600w in that small a tent absolutely require an air cooled reflector?

Alternatively is 600w to extreme for the size tent? I figured I’d buy a 600w now in case I get a larger tent at a later time

Any suggestions or comments welcomed.

Also has anyone had experience with Greenfingers tents? Seems ok for the price.

Hey mate i cant comment on the hps as i have no clue, but id go with at least 2m high,youll regret it if u dont, and im sure someone else will tell you if 600 is a bit big for a 1x1?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

The main reason I was going 1.8 is I do most growing outdoors but wanted to start mucking around with some small Indoor grows to get me through when out of season. It’s not going to be a repetitive grow set up. Good point though a higher tent will give me more options for down the track.

Yeah 400 hps for a tent that size. Light equals heat. You need to be able to keep your plants from being baked and fried. A.c. might help the baking but like a person a plant can get light/sun burnt.

If you had a cool tube maybe, but 600 watts hps, I'd get a 1.5 meter square by 2 meter tent. Good ventilation is a must if using hps.

Like my old grow room would bake with just a 400 watt hps. There were a few cfls but lols they were just a bit of extra vertical lighting.

If you grow outdoors autos could be an alternative option over summer. Some of the newer varieties are worth growing... in numbers I admit but still some nice pot.

• Upvote 1

1.2x1.2x2m for a 600w no worries. Any extra room you can have is better so if you can stretch the budget now I would. Heat and stretch can be an issue, and even if there is plenty of room above you that is not wasted as its a place for the heat to hang out before its exhausted instead of lingering around the light and the heads. I would love an extra couple of hundred mils of height.

I run a 1.2 x1.2x2 with 2 315 cmhs heats not an issue for me had to get a hybrid controller to slow the fan down an keep it quiet. I know a fella that used 2 315 an a 1x1x2 tent an he was fine till the middle of summer but still worked for him as long as you have a good fan an filter you'll be right. An with height the higher the better nothing worse than having them stretch to high an either getting light burn or above the shade an not dense up

I'm with what El Gato and OMD mentioned, and as the others said get a tent high as you can. At the bare minimum you'll lose at least 0.5m of that 1.8m with pots on floor and lights etc overhead. So absolute maximum of grow space will be 1.3m at best. Though it'll more likely be 1.0m on average.