ABC 7.30 report - The Green House Next Door

Haha I like that, even saying we feel like we are not making a dent.

Unfortunately the war on drugs was always destined to fail, the same as prohibition on alcohol failed. They will never win the war. Education is the greatest tool they can offer rather than to demonize the plant and people that use it.

• Upvote 2

Haha I like that, even saying we feel like we are not making a dent.

Unfortunately the war on drugs was always destined to fail, the same as prohibition on alcohol failed. They will never win the war. Education is the greatest tool they can offer rather than to demonize the plant and people that use it.

Yep make it legal and none of these asian grow houses would exist. Simple as that. [emoji16] ill bet that when its legal in Canada there will be none of these grow houses.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 2

Police suspect most of this cash stays in Australia and is reinvested in other grow houses, importations of other drugs, such as ice, ecstasy and cocaine

Police only suspect this is the case? Are they stupid or just blind? Maybe get your heads out of your arses then and see the REALITY......

Cannabis prohibition is the ONLY reason this situation exists. IT has created this huge illegal market and this situation in our country by handing billions of dollars of easy income over the decades to these gangs that is used to finance REAL crime. Continuing cannabis prohibition is only helping and perpetuating the problem.

"Cannabis prohibition laws only cultivate organised crime"

The Police used to blame the 'hippies' and call them the "criminal gangs" to justify prohibition. https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/65302-hippies-cash-in-on-joint-ventures/

Well good on you Australian Police because Australia has REAL gangs and crime syndicates making a killing from cannabis in the black market you have created to finance REAL crime now. It has me amazed your not hanging your heads in shame as you should be for being the main guilty party that has created this situation.

Ps. importation of other drugs is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what is being financed by criminal syndicates on the back of black market cannabis. The list in reality is almost endless from counterfeited bootlegged products through to sex slavery and more. All thanks to cannabis prohibition.

• Upvote 3

"One former senior Victorian police officer, who did not want to be named, told the ABC the syndicates have become gargantuan..."

Too ashamed to be named? Well you should be for the part you have played in making this happen.......

Maybe join LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) and work to change this.

• Upvote 1

Well, now it goes even further...

The newly elected "LIBERAL" government in SA want to do this http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-02/sa-government-to-quadruple-cannabis-fines/9930344

WTF

Whilst the Federal Liberal govt are relaxing the laws, the SA state govt is wanting to increasing penalties.

This is going backwards and they call themselves Liberal, I don't think so.

"Let's treat weed like heroin" ?????????????????? WTF

• Upvote 1

Well, now it goes even further...

The newly elected "LIBERAL" government in SA want to do this http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-02/sa-government-to-quadruple-cannabis-fines/9930344

WTF

Whilst the Federal Liberal govt are relaxing the laws, the SA state govt is wanting to increasing penalties.

This is going backwards and they call themselves Liberal, I don't think so.

"Let's treat weed like heroin" ?????????????????? WTF

lol yea well they cant stop the growers and have failed miserably trying (cannabis growing has only increased exponentially since prohibition) so why not chase votes with more rhetoric and cliche catch cries like "get tough on drug users" and Ignore the fact that prohibition is the real problem here. The logic is clear as mud.

Can only hope one day sanity will prevail and cannabis prohibition will end. Even then there will always be politicians trying to chase votes with fear mongering and 'getting tough' catch cries it's in their nature to ignore the reality and chase the votes.

• Upvote 1

Wow! Fucking idiots. That’s so depressing to read apart from the Doctor saying that it does not do anything and that it seems to be a revenue generating plan.

Reminds me of ciggys and how much they are taxed here too, yes they do far more damage yet they are legal and horrendously priced in Nz and Aussie like wtf. I have quit for a year now (woooh) however I don’t mind if people want to smoke. I didn’t only quit because I can’t justify $85 for a 50g pouch let alone tailor mades at $30 for a pack but for my own health. It is just a shady money making scheme which doesn’t actually help anyone and in more recent studies people who cannot afford it actually smoke more so the financial stress becomes greater as well as a huge rise in robberies relating to ciggerates.

It annoys me in a way that the government says they make them illegal to protect you yet we will openly allow coke and shit food to be incredibly less expensive then that of healthy alternatives and then complain on the rising obesity rates and health problems that come with it.

I’m going to stop now rattles me the way democracy works sometimes. It’s too fucking slow.

J. Cole says it best - (song is brackets)

If I'm givin' y'all this hard-earned bread, I wanna know

Better yet, let me decide, bitch, it's 2018

Let me pick the things I'm funding from an app on my screen

Better that than letting wack congressman I've never seen

Dictate where my money go, straight into the palms of some

Money-hungry company that make guns that circulate the country

• Upvote 1