Sydney Auto Stagered Grow?

G’day all

Recently received an order of magic beans for the upcoming season. Yay!

Most are large growing, photo, Sativa leaning strains, which I plan on planting outdoors in late September / early October. However also purchased 10 auto fem indica sunk seeds to try for the first time. Never done autos before.

The plan was to stagger the germinating of the autos to fill in the gap before the photo sativa’s Will be ready. I assume March / April.

I planned on planting 5 of the auto’s mid to late August (ready mid to late Nov?) and then the other 5 early October (ready early to mid December?). Planting will be in inground in well prepared soil.

I realise the August planting will not be as fruitful but wanting any critique from experienced auto growers that might help optimise results for the autos to get me through to normal photo period plants next year.

Look forward to any ideas or comments anyone may have?

sept would be the earlier id bother to start them, unless you can start under lights, combination of cool weather and short day length till then wont be a good start.hedge ya bets all 10 mid sept.

I might start under some cfl’s for the first 4 weeks. Thanks.

If where you're going to plant them gets direct sun light go for it. I got 2 going in me green house they get about 4.5 hours of direct sun a day not ideal but they are growing just fine. The temperature is not as important its been getting down to 5°c where i am. Just get them as much sun as possible or each plant will not yield more than a qtr oz.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

It sound like a good idea. From my limited growing experience autos tend to have a smaller yield than photos but more potent. Hubby found a nice compromise by mixing auto and photos. End of the day anything you can grow will always be better than buying.

Just remember autos need more nutrients in the soil so post pics for advice through the grow.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

If where you're going to plant them gets direct sun light go for it. I got 2 going in me green house they get about 4.5 hours of direct sun a day not ideal but they are growing just fine. The temperature is not as important its been getting down to 5°c where i am. Just get them as much sun as possible or each plant will not yield more than a qtr oz.

I’m on acerage so unlimited sunlight during daylight hours. No shade / shadows. I was more worried about the temp getting down to 3deg some mornings.

I was going to grow them indoors but didn’t want to spent the money knowing I don’t really need to be stealthy. As I mentioned have some really good Sativa photo seeds which will get me through the year. Just wont be ready for like 8-9 months. Read lots about auto’s and get a lot of conflicting info about cooler temp / shorter daylight grows. But I suppose that’s typical.

I’m on acerage so unlimited sunlight during daylight hours. No shade / shadows. I was more worried about the temp getting down to 3deg some mornings.

I was going to grow them indoors but didn’t want to spent the money knowing I don’t really need to be stealthy. As I mentioned have some really good Sativa photo seeds which will get me through the year. Just wont be ready for like 8-9 months. Read lots about auto’s and get a lot of conflicting info about cooler temp / shorter daylight grows. But I suppose that’s typical.

Get yourself a cheap green house and put them in that in the middle of your yard. Germinate and leave them in side until they a few weeks old then into your greenhouse. Like i said its been getting down to 5°c here at night but its been 25°c in my greenhouse when its 17° outside during the day and mine are going fine. No matter what you do they will not be as good as if you grew them in summer but if you need some asap its this or indoors under lights.

• Upvote 1