Outdoor preparation (eventually)

I kinda cheat because I hate the smell of rotting veggies and just put all veggie scraps and egg shells in my Nutra blender to break it all down with a bit of coconut water and green tea. If you're going organic remember banana peels are great.

Itchy has a chart somewhere that details what everything has in it.

There's only really 1 thing to remember, try anything that interests you and most important have fun....

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Have you read any books papa?

I would recommend two

Teaming with microbes and teaming with nutrients. I may have pdf versions I can link up later this weekend as I think I could only find a lot of paid ones for it. But good info about organic growing and soil structure

Will get some copies soon, have only been reading web literature so far cheers mate.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Indeed they can, pesky thing is just having to search so you know what they look like. Others may use them as cover crops and then cull once a length to become mulch.

If anything comfrey is the bomb to compost, also like of crustacean shell which has chitin in it which helps prevent outbreaks of disease and pests. Usually find fish markets and ask for all the old shells and just check them in, smell for a bit like but yarrow and mugwort and stinging nettle I used to compost a majority of those three as always around the yard

good luck mate & no time like the present to get started  

i'm happy to help where i can as well as a community of cannabis connoisseurs

first off maybe look into covering your garden with around 10% beneficial plants aka Bakedcake's Companion planting with a twist of Integrated Pest Management

plants that attract beneficial insects , benne insects generally have tiny mouths , benne plants accommodate that with smaller flowers 

cover cropping = green manure = best you can do for the ground is have roots growing in the ground all the time , never let the ground be bare 

as far as composting go's & what to use , the biodynamic guys imho  have pretty much got that sussed so follow some of there ingredients & methods 

to composting 

anyways yell out & we'll all give you enough to ponder on 

congrats & good luck on the vegan or whole foods plant based diet 

takes some planning & a closed loop garden is the perfect place to start 

can't say i'm meat free yet so all the power 2 ya 

really shouldn't have any smell Aqua if your mixing in your food scrapes which are your nitrogen source with lots of carbon @ 30 C to 1 N

but def using a blender & feeding the worm farm blended food scrapes i've done for some time now , on to my 4th cheap blender :)

• Upvote 1

good luck mate & no time like the present to get started

i'm happy to help where i can as well as a community of cannabis connoisseurs

first off maybe look into covering your garden with around 10% beneficial plants aka Bakedcake's Companion planting with a twist of Integrated Pest Management

plants that attract beneficial insects , benne insects generally have tiny mouths , benne plants accommodate that with smaller flowers

cover cropping = green manure = best you can do for the ground is have roots growing in the ground all the time , never let the ground be bare

as far as composting go's & what to use , the biodynamic guys imho have pretty much got that sussed so follow some of there ingredients & methods

to composting

anyways yell out & we'll all give you enough to ponder on

congrats & good luck on the vegan or whole foods plant based diet

takes some planning & a closed loop garden is the perfect place to start

can't say i'm meat free yet so all the power 2 ya

really shouldn't have any smell Aqua if your mixing in your food scrapes which are your nitrogen source with lots of carbon @ 30 C to 1 N

but def using a blender & feeding the worm farm blended food scrapes i've done for some time now , on to my 4th cheap blender :)

Thanks for the solid tips itch, going to be busy for a while i think, give me something to keep the kids occupied aswell which is always good haha. Yeah we arent 100% meat free and probably never will be but we have made the change for health reasons rather than moral reasoning. Still enjoy a steak from time to time [emoji108]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1