Thanks Tunkers very helpful. So looks like it would be fine for veg but would need more for flower. Bringing it closer might just do it?

So maybe sticking with the 900w? Maybe i should look at dimming it for now then cranking it back up for flower.

Bakedcake - so you're saying the 900w might actually be ideal in terms on intensity. But then if i cant get the plants as close that boost in light would be cancelled out? Surely the 300w should be able to get closer than a 900w - that seems logical right? Seems strange they are stating all of their lights should be kept the sane distance. ...

Well you may be able to brush by in flowering more so I was saying if they say flower it will cover a 1x1 area for example I would only flower in half that so an area of 0.5x0.5. I have a 300w LED but I would never try flower it in the space they recommend I would go half it. That way I feel you should have the same strength across the whole canopy rather than less at the ends.

However if they advise all lights to be put at the same height this may lead me to believe logically that it is no stronger than any of the other lights (intensity wise) anyway rather than they are just putting more diodes on to increase the coverage of the light. Again it’s hard you could always enquire what plants they run their tests against?

Edited by bakedcake

Thanks Tunkers very helpful. So looks like it would be fine for veg but would need more for flower. Bringing it closer might just do it?

So maybe sticking with the 900w? Maybe i should look at dimming it for now then cranking it back up for flower.

Bakedcake - so you're saying the 900w might actually be ideal in terms on intensity. But then if i cant get the plants as close that boost in light would be cancelled out? Surely the 300w should be able to get closer than a 900w - that seems logical right? Seems strange they are stating all of their lights should be kept the sane distance. ...

These companies mate, the majority of them are full of shit lol, i learnt pretty quickly not to take it as gospel haha, if you are seriously interested in the led tech watch the gml show on saturday mornings, i give you the link if you interested theres a guy names stephen on the panel that works for thecompant hlg that produces the hlg 550 etc. He knows his shit, dr. Argon can attest.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Thanks bakedcake and papasmurf. Could you send me that link that would be great!

Still trying to dial in this indoor growing business... if that isnt obvious ;-)

I actually just got a response from Meizhi. They think while i will have the coverage with a weaker light i wont have the intesity during flower. Although they didnt mention how close i can get the lights they reccomend sticking with the 900 in the space ive got. I guess i'd rather have smaller plants with bigger buds then bigger plants with less. Hmmm.

Thanks bakedcake and papasmurf. Could you send me that link that would be great!

Still trying to dial in this indoor growing business... if that isnt obvious ;-)

I actually just got a response from Meizhi. They think while i will have the coverage with a weaker light i wont have the intesity during flower. Although they didnt mention how close i can get the lights they reccomend sticking with the 900 in the space ive got. I guess i'd rather have smaller plants with bigger buds then bigger plants with less. Hmmm.

Hey man so sign up here and you get a email on Saturday morning about 9-10am, you need to download an app called zoom before hand and sign up. Its likea live panel with like 6 experts for 2+ hours, worth its weight in gold. Gmlshow.com

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app