Nute Strength - Watering Frequency

Medium - straight coco in 3 Gal fabric pots.

Nutes - House and Garden and a bit of calmag sometimes (to be sure, to be sure)

Watering Method - DTW 

I'm in week 4 of flower (or there abouts) of my NL grow and finding that my every second day watering is not enough. My PPM is anywhere between 800-900 at the moment when I feed. I'd like to change to a daily watering. Because I'm doing so, should I be reducing my PPM to let's say 700?

MLG.

Hey mlg [emoji16] i also grow in coco, i like to start daily feeds while still in veg... youll notice much more explosive growth rates.

With feeding in coco, i find the best way to determine if your giving enough or to much ect is to watch the ppms of your runoff. I like it to come out a little less than what im putting in. Keep em hungry so to speak, you wont have many issues with build up doing it this way either[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Edited by dr.argon
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Doc and micmac. Doc, you are way too scientific for me but I've seen your grows so there is some merit to what you do :) With what you've suggested, it wouldn't prevent nute burn which could happen even by putting your above logic into practise right? (I might be missing something). For me, access to collect the run off is awkward too.

I may just run with the 700 and see how I go. 

I just kind of assumed I need to lower the PPMs because I'm feeding more frequently.

MLG.

Feed frequently, daily twice or even 3 times no matter

As long as u get good runoff , if that's a problem maybe u should try to address it

That's why I went recirculated system, sick of throwing good nutes out

If u see any sign of nutrients burn just back of a little

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 1

mlg, only on my second indoor grow atm and feeding twice daily in veg and have just bumped that to three times a day cos i flipped to 12/12 a week ago. apart from seedling stage, i doubt my coco has had a chance to dry out at all. consistently wet coco.

only a noobs opinion mate but seems to be working well.

hey papasmurf, how long are ur feeds timed at ?

cheers

Not mine to answer but I guess short frequent feeds gets you to runoff quicker than the way I'm doing it. Took me putting 6 litres through 2 x 3gal fabric pots to get decent run off this morning. Last water was 48 hrs prior to that though.

MLG

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1