• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Drug Detox Kits, Toxin Detox Kits, Drug Testing Kits and Medical Condition masking products
Seedsman cannabis seeds seedbank marijuana

Photo

Nute Strength - Watering Frequency

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

midlifegardner

midlifegardner

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 Posts:

Medium - straight coco in 3 Gal fabric pots.

Nutes - House and Garden and a bit of calmag sometimes (to be sure, to be sure)

Watering Method - DTW 

I'm in week 4 of flower (or there abouts) of my NL grow and finding that my every second day watering is not enough. My PPM is anywhere between 800-900 at the moment when I feed. I'd like to change to a daily watering. Because I'm doing so, should I be reducing my PPM to let's say 700?

MLG.

Say thanks with some bits:  1Ed71abMUAJ3q3XBQzYzSzJRydR58kKeT1

dr.argon

dr.argon

Stoned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 Posts:
Hey mlg i also grow in coco, i like to start daily feeds while still in veg... youll notice much more explosive growth rates.
With feeding in coco, i find the best way to determine if your giving enough or to much ect is to watch the ppms of your runoff. I like it to come out a little less than what im putting in. Keep em hungry so to speak, you wont have many issues with build up doing it this way either

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Edited by dr.argon, 13 June 2018 - 02:27 PM.

micmac

micmac

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4697 Posts:
Yep I'd run with that mlg

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

midlifegardner

midlifegardner

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 Posts:

Thanks Doc and micmac. Doc, you are way too scientific for me but I've seen your grows so there is some merit to what you do :) With what you've suggested, it wouldn't prevent nute burn which could happen even by putting your above logic into practise right? (I might be missing something). For me, access to collect the run off is awkward too.

I may just run with the 700 and see how I go. 

I just kind of assumed I need to lower the PPMs because I'm feeding more frequently.

MLG.

micmac

micmac

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4697 Posts:
Feed frequently, daily twice or even 3 times no matter
As long as u get good runoff , if that's a problem maybe u should try to address it
That's why I went recirculated system, sick of throwing good nutes out
If u see any sign of nutrients burn just back of a little

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

SOOTY

SOOTY

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1751 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:None
mlg, only on my second indoor grow atm and feeding twice daily in veg and have just bumped that to three times a day cos i flipped to 12/12 a week ago. apart from seedling stage, i doubt my coco has had a chance to dry out at all. consistently wet coco.
only a noobs opinion mate but seems to be working well.

papasmurf99

papasmurf99

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 Posts:
Im feeding mine 6 times a day at the moment, seems to be loving it, i think a decent runoff is the key to avoid build ups. Ive been thinking about wacking pump in my waste res and using that for my veg tent so im not wasting so much.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

SOOTY

SOOTY

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1751 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:None
hey papasmurf, how long are ur feeds timed at ?
cheers

midlifegardner

midlifegardner

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 Posts:

cheers

Not mine to answer but I guess short frequent feeds gets you to runoff quicker than the way I'm doing it. Took me putting 6 litres through 2 x 3gal fabric pots to get decent run off this morning. Last water was 48 hrs prior to that though.
MLG

papasmurf99

papasmurf99

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 Posts:

cheers

20 seconds man, i just run it until i hear the water hit my waste res and then another 5 or so seconds just to make sure. Then time it and automate it with a timer

Australian Advanced Nutrients
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.